iphone 5 bluetooth car connection problem
imissmn

My iphone is paired with my auto on bluetooth.  When I receive a phone call in the car and push the connect button, it connects for a second and then disconnects the call.  I can place calls through the car with no problem.  It worked fine with my previous Android phone so it is not the car.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
iphone 5 bluetooth car connection problem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Android phone might had different bluetooth protocols/profiles then your iphone.  The car might also only have certain bluetooth protocols/profiles installed that are not completely compatible with the iphone, but they were with the android phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 bluetooth car connection problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi imissmn,

The details from Ann154 are pretty good ways to begin. You can check if the iPhone 5 is compatible by checking the car manufacture's website. You can also provide us with the car make, model and year along with the bluetooth technology (is the manufacture makes more than one). We want to confirm your device details so please let us know as quick as can be.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
imissmn

I have a 2006 Acura RL.  I appreciate your help.

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:33:49 -0700

To: << email address removed >>

Subject: Re: iphone 5 bluetooth car connection problem - Re: iphone 5 bluetooth car connection problem

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 5 - View the full discussion

Hi imissmn,

The details from Ann154 are pretty good ways to begin. You can check if the iPhone 5 is compatible by checking the car manufacture's website. You can also provide us with the car make, model and year along with the bluetooth technology (is the manufacture makes more than one). We want to confirm your device details so please let us know as quick as can be.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rooter52

There seems to be a known issue with the Apple iPhone5's bluetooth, something to do with a different chip.  The iPhone4's bluetooth works great in all connections, but the iPhone 5 has problems not only with car connections, but many other devices.  Do you know if Verizon is working with Apple to fix these issues?  What is the recourse for customers who purchased the iPhone 5 from Verizon just to find out it doesn't work?

Thanks

0 Likes
lisabluesky

my iphone 5 is dropping bluetooth calls all the time too. I drive a 2012 Dodge Journey. Help me too!

0 Likes