Roaming charges for incoming international calls?
chrissy66mc

That's pretty much my question. I read somewhere on here that I would NOT be charged for long distance or roaming if my IPhone 5 receives incoming calls from Germany. Before I tell my family that they can call me, I want to be absolutely sure of that.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Roaming charges for incoming international calls?
budone
Legend

Just like a landline, an incoming international call will not have any add'l charges. But it will use minutes from your allotment, unless it is after 9pm (Or 7pm if you have an Alltel plan)

UPDATE: From VZW Website:

If someone calls me internationally from outside the U.S. will I be charged extra?

No, you won't be charged long distance or roaming fees if you're in the U.S and someone calls you from outside the U.S.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chrissy, you're safe to let your family know they can call you. As budone stated, you're not charged additional for receiving international calls, but it will be deducted from your minute allotment if during peak times. If you make calls to your family then you will be charged. Check vzw.com/international for rates.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

chezshea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to post a more current reply. After spending some time today in online chat with VZ support, and having the rep tell me that incoming international calls ARE charged for roaming, and me persisting to get the correct answer ... she checked with global support and DID confirm the above answer: that is, if the VZ customer is in the US and receives an international call, they are ONLY charged minutes; no additional fees.

0 Likes