DROID RAZR M Storage
WxGirl

I've had the RAZR M for a couple of months.  It has a 16 GB SD card in it that I took out of my DROID X. The last couple of nights I've made a few 1-3 minute videos.  A warning popped up: "Storage space running out, some functions may not work"  I went on the verizon site and found:

Transfer from internal device storage to a removable SD card

1. From a home screen, select Apps ( Apps icon located at the bottom).
  2. From the APPS tab, select Settings.
  3. From the DEVICE section, select Storage.
  4. From the INTERNAL STORAGE section, select Manage internal storage.
  5. Select (check) Pictures / Movies.
  6. Select Move.

So first of all, there is no choice "manage internal storage" so I can't move them as directed above. I read on another forum here that pics and videos are stored on the SD card, but I don't know because I don't know how to tell.  I know they are on the phone storage because I have the SD card out and am watching one of the videos, it's location says: "'/storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera" 

Under the "files" app I see Device storage and SD card.  The device storage says I have .05 GB available. When I go into Device Storage I see 0 items in Pictures and Movies.  Also, there is nothing on SD card (14.74GB avail).  So...somewhere on the phone are the movies and pictures...the settings app storage says that the pics (purple on bar graph) are 3.6GB!    I downloaded all my media to a seagate drive so I'm fine with clearing my phone's internal storage...I just don't know HOW?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR M Storage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I personally use a file explorer application from the Play Store to access the files on my internal and external storage on my phones. This lets me move, copy, paste and rename files to my hearts content.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

I agree with Ann154. ES File Explorer is the one I use most and is available on the Play Store.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And I agree with your choice of file explorer, rcschnoor. I use Estrongs (ES file explorer) too. It is one of the first five applications I install on new devices and after a factory reset.

I tried Astro early on. While I found it functional, some of its organization didn't fit well with me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes