HTC DNA - No voicemail notification icon :(
skepticalsmartphoneus

I didn't realize I had voicemails because my HTC doesn't show the voicemail notification icon.  I just happened to call my voicemail, and learned I had 4 messages! Smiley Sad  Is there a setting to fix this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA - No voicemail notification icon :(
budone
Legend

There has to be one. Looking right now

I see two different mail envelopes. One looks like an envelope with an address and stamp. I am guessing that is email and the other envelope as if you are looking at the back of it is VM.

Have someone send you a VM, and see which one it is. Or pull down the notification bar and see there which one is for VM

0 Likes
skepticalsmartphoneus

The voicemail notification that doesn't show up on my phone is a rectangle w/ 2 circles (looks like a cassette tape).  I receive notifications that I have texts (envelope) and missed calls (phone receiver w/ red arrow), but not that I have voicemails.  Hopefully it's just a fluke and will somehow get fixed soon.  Thanks for your reply! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I looked at the manual and the cassette icon, same as I have on my HTC, is not listed in the list of icons

0 Likes
mccannam

My HTC DNA just started doing this two days ago.  My husband has the same phone and he has no problems.   He gets the little sideways figure 8 icon in the notification bar when he gets a voice mail.  He also gets a sound notification and a image on his screen. I get nothing.

0 Likes
MikeSH

This just happened to me as well, just over the last few days, after weeks of working fine.

0 Likes
bscottsmith

Started happening to me too, several days ago. Obviously something is going on that's affecting a lot of users. Has anyone called Customer Service yet?

0 Likes
bscottsmith

Hmm... I just did a full power off / restart of the phone and it seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Likes
MikeSH

bscott's powering down seems to work for me too.  Thanks!

At least I am getting the little cassette icon at the top of the screen, although the voicemail app(which I think is geared toward visual voicemail) still seems to not be reporting my incoming voicemails.  Very strange.  I really do not need visual voicemail, but expect to get notification of my incoming voicemails.  I had a bunch of voicemails with no indication on my phone whatsoever...bad

0 Likes
mccannam

I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support and they reset my voicemail box, had me reboot the phone, log into my voicemail and turn notifications off then on. Nothing has worked. The next step is to reset my phone to factory settings. I do not want to do that right now so I guess I am going to have to just call my voicemail periodically to see if I have any.  Very frustrating as it was working up until a few days ago.

0 Likes