Re: Samsung Stratosphere In-Call Audio Crackling and Echo
pjbear11

I too am having trouble with my stratosphere. I just got my 2nd (like new) phone 3rd over all since August 2nd 2012 last Tuesday 12/11/2012. Once again I set up my phone and by Friday 12/14/2012 the phone was doing the same crackling and squealing as the others. I called Verizon and they said that all they could do is keep sending me the (like new) replacement phones or replace it with a different phone of equal value that I don't get to pick. I have 8 months from 8/2/2012 left on my warranty and 90 days warranty on each phone which ever is longer. I am at the beginning of my 2 year contract and I am not interested in switching phones every week for 2 years. The last alternative was to call Samsung and all they wanted to do is honor the warranty and repair my phone which means sending it in without a replacement phone for me to use so they can "fix" it and It could take up to 2 weeks before I get it back. My problem with this is that is my only phone and I have a bunch of teenagers to keep track of among other inconveniences and that is unacceptable to me when I bought a new phone in August  and will be on my fourth phone in 4 months. I now know that I am not the only one having issues with this phone. Samsung needs to stand behind their product as does Verizon who is a representative of this product. I have been with Verizon since February of 2003 and up till now have been very satisfied with my service. If this is all you can offer I am greatly disappointed. As for Samsung if the product is faulty and has a history of bugs such as this in a product as pricey as this they need to provide an acceptable solution to the problem other than inconveniencing the consumer to be without their phone for weeks at a time up to and including sending them a new upgraded phone that the glitches have been addressed. Since I have been having the problem since day one I feel that a new upgraded phone is in order and it should be over nighted.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere In-Call Audio Crackling and Echo
terrypg

Yes, I am having same crackling and popping noise on my SAMSUNG STRATOSPHERE.  This has been going on for about 8 months.  I have been to Verizon Store and they try to help but I believe their hands are tied.  I have spent hours on the phone to tech support/Warranty -- changed Sim card twice and had phone replaced twice --- took out the SD card and left it out.  Now I am sending ### after each phone call so they can track problem.  I also have been made to feel that I am the only person experiencing this problem but now that I am reading posts I see that this is an ongoing problem.  I am a school teacher and use my phone daily to talk with parents.  This has been handled poorly BY VERIZON from the getgo and I tell every person I speak to whether on or off my VERIZON WIRELESS SAMSUNG STRATOSPHERE that I am extremely displeased with my phone, with verizon support/tech, warranty, and customer service.  I have been with verizon for about 12 years and I have never had such a problem with a phone.  I have even asked to upgrade my phone and puchase myself and my daughter a new phone but I have been told that I would have to pay full price because it is not time for my upgrade.  This was really hard to believe especially since I am just trying to get my upgrade price and not get the phone for free.  I have received no help from warranty on try this try that suggestions.  Really wondering how long this will go on because as I understand it once my one year warranty is up I am out of luck and will have to endure my remaining year of contract (no warranty) with the phone SQUEALING in my ear.  Really is this how Verizon wants to do business??

0 Likes