How to set up voicemail?
bridgeit64

Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S lll, how do I set up voice mail?  Do I have to pay extra like $2.99 monthly.  I hope not.

0 Likes
How to set up voicemail?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $2.99 is for visual voicmail.  The basic voicemail is free.  Are you a new Verizon Wireless customer that you have to setup the voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How to set up voicemail?
fidget13a

I also have the same problem. I have been with Verizon for year and got th galaxy three about two months ago. I thought the voicemail was setup until a few people told me they called and I did not have voicemail. If I call it I just gt a busy signal

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you get to your voicemail by dialing your number rather than *86?

0 Likes
bridgeit64

It was good to hear from you. I was getting concerned about the 45 day cutoff if voicemail wasn't set up. My previous smart phone's voicemail wasn't completely set up when purchased, but at least, messages were left and I could retrieve them.

Thank you for your help..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are still having issues with your Voice Mail, you may want to contact Customer Service and ensure that everything is set up correctly at their end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bridgeit64, congrats on your new Galaxy S III! As others have mentioned, there is no charge for basic voicemail. Visual voicemail is $2.99. Please dial speed dial 1 or *86 to call your voicemail to set it up. This will walk you thru the prompts. If you're having any problems dialing your voicemail, please dial *73 send to verify there is no call forwarding setup. Let me know if you need further assistance with voicemail.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport