Sending mms
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got my 8x a day ago, Great phone so fair, but I am having trouble sending an mms, keeps saying can't send message, try again.  anyone else run in to this? or knows whats going on. thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending mms
KevinBrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not working for me, either.  This and Group messaging turned off are deal breakers for me.  This phone is about to be returned.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

got it working, just did a normal reboot, phone working great. no problems now.

0 Likes
blssd3

I just purchased the 8X last night.  I notice that messages sent to two friends that each have a  Blackberry came to them in some odd code symbols??  Messaging to those with an Android or Samsung received the messages just fine.  Is this an issue for others?

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

only thing that happen like that with me, is the smiles, my friends android could not read them, but that i would think would be cause of the different os.

0 Likes
MrFunnyman

I was unable to send MMS messages (picture) and I was able to fix the problem as far as I can tell:

Go into settings -> Cellular

Turn off the mobile data

Back to main screen

Turn off phone

Turn on phone

Go into settings -> Cellular

Turn on the mobile data

So far so good, not sure how long it will will work but I was able to restart the phone and it still works

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah Windows Phones have "Emoji" which are built into iPhones (all your iPhone friends can see them and send them) but Android only supports them if you use a third party text message app.

0 Likes