Re: Sync errors with email accounts?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Someone just posted on another thread that they spoke with Verizon and the problem is apparently with Verizon's servers.  The poster said they were told that it could be a few more days before it's fixed.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/920777#920777

0 Likes
westmitten

To bypass this error while Verizon is working on it, go into your phone's settings, select email account> account settings>add account. If an error box pops up asking for you to re-validate your accounts, go ahead and enter your password, and while the phone is processing, hit the home button, go back into settings, go back to where you can add an account, and it should let you add a new one. Create a new account under the "Other" option for the account you are having issues with (not under the actual email name, such as "Yahoo"). This worked for me. You could also go through that process to remove the account you are having issues with if you don't want to deal with the error messages. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
LSRMarine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  Seems to be limited to POP accounts and not IMAP accounts on my Droid Razr Maax.  I cannot BELIEVE this bug has not been fixed yet!

0 Likes
Razrmuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a relatively new Razr M which worked just fine until suddenly my aol mail account stopped working.  My gmail acct is just fine.  The error message was stupid - made it sound like it was a password error, and it's obviously not.

I am not happy with Verizon's responses when you call them. Maybe the "B team" is working because of the holidays?

Whydexterous
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem for nearly a week now.  I have tried everything but all I managed to do is delete the email account.  It says that the password and username did not authenticatewith my email provider but we all know that is just plain BS.

Thanks Verizon, I am sure that they will reduce our monthly bill accordingly due to the lack of service provided.

annehunter

Nice on the bill reduction comment. Needed a chuckle.  I've been obsessed by this issue for days and misery loves company. Wonder if they'll solve this...

0 Likes
texmac1011

I have been having the same problem with my Yahoo account.  I deleted the account and set I up again under "Other" and it is now working fine.  My wife has the same phone and her yahoo account has been working fine.

0 Likes
likwidrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm trying to add the "other" email account.  Now, if I could just find the "other" option, I may be able to get a temp band aid until this is fixed by VZW.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

apps > my accounts > add account > email accounts > Other

If you're using Yahoo, you also could try the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play or setting it up as an IMAP account.

texmac1011

On my Razr M:

tools>settings>setup wizard>accounts>other

Good Luck!

0 Likes