Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!!?!
Bozobrain

I spoke with Verizon.  The problem is on their side, something with their servers.  It may take a few more days for them to fix it.  Now, I have to figure out why my phone won't stay in safe mode...

0 Likes
Bozobrain

For Hotmail, it looks like POP mail, which is a pain.  POP mail doesn't keep the phone and they e-mail account synced that well.

0 Likes
edcbittner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem with my AOL account. It stopped working last week. Took it to Verizon store, but rep was mystified. Can't delete or remove it (like to then "add" it all over again).  Deleting gets me a "503" error. Removing gets me a message that says the account is used by other apps and can't be removed unless I reset phone to factory settings (lose all personal info on phone). The Galaxy III forum had some interesting suggestions, but some involved Jellybean - which I don't think is avail for stellar (?) but don't know for sure (I'm a newbie at smartphones). AOL has no clue.  They keep sending me Verizons "add account" page... I'd love to re-add this account if I could only delete it. And why did it suddenly stop working?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My thought is that if it worked set up under Other, that it could be a temporary fix until Verizon does a 'real' one.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

0 Likes
edcbittner
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you check account settings for personal email? I can only get into the sync stuff - I want to check that the account has correct IMAP and SMTP stuff (aol wants me to make screen capture too - sheesh) and I can't find where to see that stuff on my phone. (Why does my smartphone always make me feel so stupid?  Rhetorical question, sorry.) I know corporate mail account settings can be checked - why can't I see same for personal? Am I looking in wrong place?

0 Likes
DoctorBlueBox
Enthusiast - Level 1

This step actually worked for me!!!! I did absolutely not expect it to. I could've sworn I tried this before, to failure. However, when I did it JUST NOW, it worked. It still to this point has been the only option that worked for this standard Email app.

I went into "Others", and specified the same email account I'd been using under the "Yahoo" section from before. The setup for the account was practically the same exact as before, too... except that under "Others", I had to specify the "@yahoo.com" part of it.

Still, the problem is definitely on the Verizon side, or with the Android OS, as "503 : Service Unavailable" could have something to do with the Email service not being correctly loaded into the OS?

At any rate, I tested it out, and successfully sent an email from my phone (configured with my yahoo.com account as set up under "Others") to my regular (computer) email account, with attachments.

This was a helpful suggestion!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good deal that it worked.  There's always been something buggy with Yahoo email and sometimes setting it up as an Other account rather than through Yahoo works.  Others also report success with using the Yahoo app off Google Play.  Whatever the issue is, hopefully it'll be resolved soon since it appears that several different phones and e-mail services are affected.

0 Likes
DoctorBlueBox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, as mentioned, this case was not only with Yahoo.. Upon entering the setup for ANY email address with ANY of the options (except "Others", and "Corporate", which didn't apply at all) even before the setup began, it would stop and give me the "503 : Service Unavailable" error, not allowing the setup to continue.

But at any rate, I just wonder who is going to solve this problem! And when!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since it's different phones and different e-mail services, I didn't know if the Other angle would work or not (I don't think it is for everyone) since it sounds like it's some sort of system issue (but then, others aren't reporting any issues).  Whatever the problem is, I hope it's fixed soon ... I know it's frustrating.

0 Likes
joeymcgee

its not just yahoo. its msn as well, if i get the set up to work on galaxy 3 for hotmail. then msn blocks my account and makes me change the password then it no longer works on my phone,.,,, i wish they would get this crap fixed, i have to have my e-mail for work....so i called vzw and they say its MSN,,, i called MSN and they say its VZW .... quit playing the damn blame game and fix it....

0 Likes