Update Issues
merrico93

Hello,

Early this afternoon my father got the newest operating system update for his droid razr (Jelly Bean?), I have the same phone and decided to download the update. Unfortunately, when I attempted the update, the system update recognized there was an update and I began the download, but it gave me a notification saying that the download was waiting for wifi in order to begin the download. So I turned on my wifi (I have unlimited data so I tend to keep the wifi off because normally my wifi in my dorm is spotty). It then said that the download was suspended and would resume shortly. Shortly came and went, and it never resumed. I tried powering down and restarting, it said the update download failed, and I tried the update download again and came to the same result. I then turned it off and restarted again, went to the system update, and it said that the device was up to date, though it never updated! Did my phone just give up and call it a day!? My last phone nearly destroyed itself during the Ice cream sandwich update, and I needed to return the phone after calling through 2 levels of verizon tech,and 2nd tier tech at motorola. I do not want to have to this again with this phone. Why is this happening??

Should I wait for the update to come back? How do I jog the phone's memory so to speak so it finds the update again? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for time and consideration. Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Update Issues
zaxxx

I just had exactly the same experience. I'm betting that Verizon or Motorola determined there was an issue with this update right after release and pulled it back. Of course the odds of anyone at either company being around to confirm this before Wednesday are about the same as Santa delivering the update personally on the sleigh...

0 Likes
merrico93

Thanks, that's what I thought might have happened, I guess we'll wait and see, might have to wait until after new year's...oh well

0 Likes
merrico93

Also, I just looked at my father's updated phone and you cannot open Google Play, it simply stops running upon opening and closes immediately. This is the only major bug that I noticed, but that is certainly enough reason to pull the update, actually glad I didn't download it.

0 Likes
xxryu139xx

reboot the phone and your play store will work. 

only issue i see so far is bluetooth file sharing is not working.

0 Likes
smith_t1964

I got the same update and now it won't connect to my home WiFi....

0 Likes
Espy80

I also did the update on my Motorola Droid Razer Maxx and it could not connect to WiFi.  It finds the wireless router but never connects.  Also when I click on the voicemail icon it says it is signing in and sometimes says voicemail is not available.  I checked with the Verizon tech support and they had me do a master reset and it did not fix the problem.

0 Likes
Deezell1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck with that

0 Likes
Deezell1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

And I thought I was the only one

0 Likes
RichNap

Any further news on this? I had the same thing happen.

0 Likes