Re: Mobile Data Disabled keeps popping up
infinite1

Its likely that the Factory reset is helping you because it is resetting the usage counter on Android. But as I mention elsewhere, reset is not needed. Just raise the limit until Motorola fixes the issue in a software update (hopefully they will push Jelly Bean soon).

0 Likes
ddinky

Hi I have been dealing with this issue for 3 days and i finally tried checking the "Mobile data Limit" and raised the red bar to over 9000GB (I have unlimited data) and it finally worked. I found this site while on my 3rd call with Customer service and wish I would have checked here first. It is working now!

Original post copy/paste below:

I have found that you can also check the "set mobile data limit" then in the graph below change the limit by dragging the "limit bar" (on my phone was red)  up, I also changed the "Warning bar" limit.  Once I changed those to a ridiculously high amount ( 35TB limit/30TB warning) the prompts and service issue stopped.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's a Good thing to do as Setting it to High enough Level) can stop the Data From shutting Down on My Maxx's i have the Dates Set on them to Match when my Bill Cycles and that helped me as the Dates are exactly the same each Month before i set to this the Days would Fluctuate a bit. I'v have never had to Reset yet or move the Scale up.. 

0 Likes
ibcordova

The fix I discovered is:  apparently I was keeping old text messages up to the 200 text max in some cases. Once I deleted a few of them I was able to download MMS's again

0 Likes
Pennythepenster

Well my son has had three Droid Razor Maxx's with this same issue for which he returned and was given new phones.Today, after encountering the same issue (this is my second phone in less than a year) I was sent into my local Verizon store  by Joel" Verizon customer phone service rep. He had informed me that in order to "fix" this issue I need to exchange this model for a cheaper phone with less features (I just got this one in December 2011 ) or  lo and behold I could "upgrade it " on another line on our existing account.

AFTER FIVE EXCHANGES on two phones, I releuctantly think, okay, I will just use my son's upgrade. After all, we have a one hundred dollar credit coming in on this-right? I'll switch over to an Apple....

Lo and behold, I get to the store and the manager comes over, (I have unlimited data on both phones) and informs me that if I want to get an Apple, I will have to switch to now paying for data or pay $600 for the phone-when I just got one last December! I call my husband into the store. He waits with me and asks why I am still waiting and what is the issue. By now the manager and the representative who had originally helped me have run a six month analysis on my account. He then boldfacedly lies to my both husband and me, urging me to giving up my unlimited data, since I use only a small amount of data and/or he will NOT all, wow me my contractual credit. Now he urges, go I should go ahead, make the choice and give up my unlimited data! My husband, coming in on the end of all this, who has NO CLUE of how to read data usage (after tonight he does and he is a CPA), tries to encourage cooperation. I tell the manager I will not be forced out of a contract and have to pay additional charges for services that I have contracted for. He then trys to tell me I barely use data!

Wait, I say, I wanted my "issue with phone turning off due to data overage" fixed, which is WHY I AM IN THERE and now he is telling me to

1. Buy a new phone

2. Pay even more each month

3. Give up services

Then when I remind him I have been a loyal customer, that I have unlimited data, I make him look at when I got the phone and he sheepishly says, "Well a year ago," I remind him that HE is the manager and that he can deal with this without having to try to bait and switch customers. He responds by telling me he will turn off my phone. My husband reminds him that it is illegal for him to threaten customers. I tell him he is a son-of a bitch and leave the store. And I add, I will be posting how Verizon, you once again, are aware of an issue and now you are using hard ball sales tactics to try to hard sell customers and force them out of contracts with "service issues.' I hope an investigation by some communication and FCC authorities is forthcoming. I know this to be illegal and these tactics, which are dishonorable and unjust are a violation of the law. Fix your issues and honor your contracts, teach your staff some manners and empower your managers to do their jobs, not threaten people who have paid their bills.

0 Likes
nikhilgupta

To resolve the issue in minutes you can use WiFi/Data Auto Off|On android app, I used it and it resolved my issue, here is guide to use it.

0 Likes