Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
mysticfantasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

email vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com  tell them ur # ask them to remove u and the name of ur phone info

<<Edited to correct email address >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

Hi all... Just checking back in, only this time using my "My Verizon" account.  I was posting previously using that "kramer5150" user ID, but I forgot my password under that username and I don't care to reset it.  MODERATORS, please feel free to delete that account entirely.

Just wanted to check back in that my Cosmos touch has been COMPLETELY cured of all spam:

-Daily scoop messages GONE

-Bing audio messages GONE

-Random screen light-up GONE

-Browse & Download screen appearance GONE

My plight started with post number 31, Aug 24, 2011.  I followed several procedures to get to this point

ChristinaB solution to disable Daily Scoop ads did not work for me!!!

• Launch Daily Scoop
• Select ‘Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs’
• Choose ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.

• Repeat the same procedure for ‘Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs’

I called Verizon tech support and the gal performed the following changes to my account number, to finally once and for all KILL Daily scoop ads:

-Data block

-Block application download

Solution to stop Mobile Mail and City ID spam:

I had to call Verizon customer service and had them TURN OFF all text / spam messages from ANYONE not on my contact list (which at this point is only 7 close family members).  I am still however exposed to Verizon text messages for billing statements, which has so far been OK.

Solution to stop random screen lighting and Browse & Download screen appearances:

On Nov 24, 2011 I downloaded the latest firmware version at that time: VN270ZV5.  It is now May 17, 2012 and I have not had ONE incident of random  screen lighting or browse & download.  I now have FW version VN270ZV6 and am satisfied with the performance of this phone.

FAST FORWARD to today (5-17-12)... 2 days ago I added an unlimited text plan for an additional $10/mo.  I am concerned that I may have re-opened the door to more unwanted spam, but I remain optimistic.  I will post back my results....  but so far I am completely satisfied with this phone.  I do not know EXACTLY what steps above fixed EXACTLY which problem I was suffering, but I do know the CUMULATIVE affect has completely solved my problems.  The phone now is exactly what it should have been all along... a basic text-messaging platform.  Battery life overall remains OUTSTANDING.  I can go about 1-1.5 weeks on a single charge with maybe a few calls and few txt message exchanges.  If its just on stand-by most of the time I can go almost 1.5-2 weeks between charges.  OUTSTANDING overall... but it has taken a LOT of effort to get to this point.

0 Likes
mysticfantasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

i got my phone fix i hope u need to do the updates in settings  and then phone info  the software update it will fix the issusesit just came out  verizon informed me

0 Likes
ihatethisphone2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was forced to go to this phone because my daughter lost her alltel phone and Verizon won't activate new

Alltel phones anymore, so our whole family had to move.  It's a piece of junk.  The type faces are too small to

read.  I don't want the "Daily Scoop" of Verizon propaganda.  I don't want my contacts pushed to a central

server. 

0 Likes
LinnyJ

The email address given is incorrect.  I tried "mobile" instead of moble and my message went through.  Hopefully this will resolve my problem.  Had to contemplate to figure out what "ur #" meant - wish people would be more specific for those of us who don't text.

Update:  Sent the email yesterday and got a reply today.  They said they completely disabled it (even though the app icon will remain) and I should not have any further problems!  Yipee!

0 Likes
ihatethisphone2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent about 10 messages to mobileposse before they responded.  I'd encourage everyone to send customer service lots of annoying messages because Verizon doesn't seem to understand what spam is.

0 Likes