Re: Problem with Mobile Hotspot
pur1138

Been struggling with my Charge hotspot since day one.

Moved it all over the house trying to get the best signal.

One day it'll work great in a certain place, the next day constant dropouts and unwillingness to connect again.

I've found something that helps is to keep something streaming. I have Pandora open at all times, even if I'm not listening to music and have the volume turned off.

The phone has a mind of it's own and seems to want to disconnect as soon as possible.

I have the unlimited data plan still, so not too bad for me. But if V wants to keep data use to minimal levels, they should make sure that their phones work as they should and are as efficient as possible.

Looking to get the Note 2 shortly after release, but if there's even a hint of a whisper of lousy connection/weak radio I'll just keep what I have and hope we eventually get something that is 100%

Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining...

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Mobile Hotspot
Voudan

I have had the entry level Pantech Breakout for over a year now, and have experienced the drop out issues since day one when using the hotspot for my netbook while traveling..., that is until recently when I was looking at my encryption settings in the hotspot configuration.  My device was defaulted with WEP encryption, and my netbook wireless configuration was for
WPA/WPA2.  I changed my hotspot configuration to WPA/WPA2, and so far there have been no drop outs.  Prior to this, I had exactly the same symptoms described on this thread.  I have only had occasional issues on the phone itself when traveling around the country, but not frequently enough to be problematic. 

0 Likes