Email Server
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting a few days ago my wife has been unable to connect to the Road Runner email server to access her email. We've tried deleting the account and adding it back with no success. All the account info. is correct and no changes were made to the phone before it stopped working. I even tried to add my Road Runner email to my Charge and got the same result. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email Server
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

When setting up your email use the manual method. You may have to uncheck both the "Require Login" and "Use The Verizon Email Gateway" buttons.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked with Road Runner to ensure nothing was changed at their end (like port settings)?

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would think that any such change would also affect email on my PC as well

and that hasn't been the case.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not necessarily; e-mail settings for phones are not always the same settings for PCs

0 Likes
budone
Legend

In most cases email settings are different on mobile devices than a PC

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

All settings including ports and security are through same on the phone and

the PC.

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

That should say "the same", autocorrect I didn't catch.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That may be the issue then......

Check this link out. You are required to put in your location to get the settings.

Road Runner Help | Road Runner Web Mail - Android Email Settings

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link but all this information is already in there except for the word mobile in front of the smtp server name. Adding it made no difference. Still get the message: "Setup could not finish Cannot connect to server"

0 Likes
Bookworm88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can access email with both my Nexus 7 tablet and my wife's Kindle Fire but both Charges are still a no go.

0 Likes