Losing Data Connection on the Lumia 822
recman76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having a problem with losing your data connection (cellular and wifi). It seems about once a day (mainly at night, but has happened during the day), my phone loses it's data connection. I can't update anything (email, people, facebook, twitter) and I am connected to both cellular and wifi. My wife is having the same issue with her Lumia 822 as well. We have found that the only way to fix the problem is to power cycle the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Losing Data Connection on the Lumia 822
primortal
Master - Level 1

So far no issues with mine.

Is it only happening when there is a wifi connection established?  Wonder if you remove the wifi connection and see if it continues.

0 Likes
recman76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no idea if is only when my wifi is connected. I leave my wifi connected all time time now that I don't have unlimited data. Why I asked the question, is because it is happening on my wife's phone as well. I will turn my wifi off tonight and see if it happens again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you and your wife to get the most out of your amazing new Nokia Lumina 822's recman76!

Turning off wifi temporarily is a great suggestion from the community. It will also be helpful to test the devices in different areas to determine if it is the handsets themselves or the location.

In addition, it sounds like you may be leaving your devices constantly powered on. We recommend power cycling the devices at least once a day to allow them to refresh with the network.

Please let us know how the devices perform.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
recman76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. We have figured out that it is indeed our router that is causing the problem.

Jack Becker

Assistant Director of Parks & Recreation

West Wendover Recreation District

West Wendover, NV

O: 775-664-3289

C: 775-340-1764

recman76@live.com

0 Likes