Re: iMessage failed - time and date issues???
Jondelta

times issue seems like it only happens when you have it to auto set but vzw needs to fix this issue.

Atlanta GA here having same problem

love the iphone 5 but vzw needs to fix the time and date issue

0 Likes
Jondelta

vzw tech told me yesterday that it is only picking which Iphone 5's have the problem not all iphone 5's are affected creppy right

ATL GA HERE

0 Likes
Jondelta

I hear you im having the same issue  but mine jumps from am to pm. call vzw put in a ticket vzw needs as many custmore's to complain as they can get. vzw have not found the problem yet. ive been with vzw since 2006 and never had they problme. vzw said the time zone problem is picking which iphone 5 users it wants ( creppy i know) but vzw said there network has not been breached

ATL GA here

replay if needed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks everyone for sharing your concerns with your device. The clock is a very important part of a phone and this is something we want to resolve as soon as possible. Our product has been investigating this issue along with Apple and has been able to duplicate it. A fix is expected in the next software release. We do not currently have a date, but you'll receive info when we do.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wthvrzn

Its been two weeks since your response....any update?

My iP5 (bought 11/16 at Best Buy) started doing this a week ago. Twice it reset itself without any changes by me; last night it got hung up (time goes back in my case), and this morning, I had to power down and turn on again for it to show correct time. Then, it promptly went back again, showing wrong time. I get the iMessage msg that time and date needs to be set. I've had it set for automatic date/time update right from when I bought the iP5. We have two other iP5s and they do NOT have this problem. All Verizon network. Living in mid-Michigan.

Spoke to CSR at Vrzn and he indicated they are waiting on Apple. Seems to me Verizon thinks this is Apple device issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Time is money and having the correct time on your phone is definitely a must!

@wthvrzn,

We have identified this issue and that our network team is currently updating the limited impacted areas. In the mean time you can change the settings: Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically from On to Off which enables the Set Date & Time option so you can manually set the time (this overrides actual network time).

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes