1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 5:44 AM by Vish Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Unlimited Data Package
        JasonN72

        Thanks, Ann, and Lewisr, for the extra details.

         

        Okay after reviewing my son's last six month usage, he has the potential to go over the 2GB limit:

         

        June: 2.640GB (over 2GB limit)

        July: 0.300GB

        August: 1.860GB

        September: 3.080GB (over the 2GB limit)

        October: 1.810GB

        November: 1.410GB (the month is not over yet, so he has the potential to still go over)

         

        His average for the six months is 1.850GB, but being that he looks like he is going over three out of six months, that means potentially he could be over 6 months out of the year. 

         

        I'm still going to call Verizon to see if they can work with me here...  I hope to work with them and get details about upping the data limit, in a way that will be more cost effective for me, rather than get hit with fees for going over the 2GB limit.

        • 41. Re: Unlimited Data Package
          tikibar1

          This has been discussed on other threads, and others also think this plan may eventually become the only plan for everyone.  I hope not, unless, as you say, changes are made to the caps and/or pricing.

          • 42. Re: Unlimited Data Package
            rcschnoor

            Verizon will be more than happy to up the data limit. I think the next tier is 5GB for $50/month.

             

            On the tiered data packages, overages currently run $10/month so unless your son goes over 4GB in a month, it would be cheaper to stick with the 2GB plan.

             

            One other thing to think about is that employee discounts do not apply with the 2GB tier, but do on the 5GB tier. If you are getting a discount thru your employer(for example I get a 20% discount on data which would make the 5GB tier $40 for me) you may get a break on the 5GB tier.

            • 43. Re: Unlimited Data Package

              JasonN72 wrote:

               

              I don't think this is the "smart" thing.

               

              Yesterday I went to update my son's Droid.  They told me that because I was not purchasing the phone at full price, I could not keep my unlimited data package.  YET, Sprint ant T-Mobile right now ARE offering unlimited data plans!  If Verizon wants to keep the business and customers, then they too need to grandfather and roll the unlimited data packages into the new contracts, or they will lose customers!

              A) Verizon's 3rd quarter report pretty much debunks the "will lose customers" theory.

               

              B) Sprint and t-mobile have very little 4G right now. Verizon has 10 MHz of spectrum for downlink and 10 MHz for uplink for LTE. I'm not sure how you think they are supposed to offer unlimited data with that little spectrum. Personally I do not want MY mobile data being slowed down because someone thinks they need to watch Netflix, youtube and stream Pandora all day on their smartphone using mobile data.

              • 44. Re: Unlimited Data Package

                JasonN72 wrote:

                 

                Brian, maybe the Iphone has limitations to being specific to it's provider.  I appreciate your response.  I however did not get an Iphone, I got a "Motorola" device.  And while maybe even some Motorola devices may also be limited to the a specific provider, some may not be...  Therefore my comment about: "there are questions to be asked and found out by another provider before jumping ship."

                 

                Look up Motorola phones at Wal-Mart's online store, some state they are specific to a certain provider, and others do not.  So the ones that do not state they are specific to a certain provider, like the "Motorola RAZR M", does that mean that the RAZR M is limited to only one specific provider or not?

                 

                And therefore, my questions that will have to be posed to a new company BEFORE jumping ship.

                Listen you can get a Galaxy S III for all 4 major providers, BUT an at&t GS III will NOT work on Verizon and vise versa. Which of this are you not getting?

                • 45. Re: Unlimited Data Package
                  rcschnoor

                  Brian68 wrote:

                   

                  JasonN72 wrote:

                   

                  I don't think this is the "smart" thing.

                   

                  Yesterday I went to update my son's Droid.  They told me that because I was not purchasing the phone at full price, I could not keep my unlimited data package.  YET, Sprint ant T-Mobile right now ARE offering unlimited data plans!  If Verizon wants to keep the business and customers, then they too need to grandfather and roll the unlimited data packages into the new contracts, or they will lose customers!

                  A) Verizon's 3rd quarter report pretty much debunks the "will lose customers" theory.

                  This is not necessarily true. It debunks the fact that people will not give another type of data package a try, though.

                   

                  Yes, if they switch data plans and find their "total data cost" to remain the same or about the same, nothing will likely happen.

                   

                  However, if these same people find they are paying significantly more for data because of a)overages which they have never had to pay, or b)increasing their data tier/allowance to keep from paying overages, then they may rethink their options.

                   

                  These options would be 1)continuing to pay significantly more for data, 2)changing their data usage habits, or 3)moving to a different carrier.

                   

                  Just because a customer initially changes does not mean they will stick with the change if they are unhappy with the outcome. It will take more than 1 quarter(maybe even 1 full cycle of 2yr contracts if they don't want to pay the ETF) of results to determine if the thought that Verizon "will lose customers" has been debunked.

                  • 46. Re: Unlimited Data Package

                    Well I've seen plenty of haters posting  over the last few months how the 3rd quarter reports was going to show how awful Verizon's new policies on unlimited data and Share Everything were because the report would show mass defections. well they were wrong. Verizon had many times more new customers than at&t even though EVERY new customer HAD to go with Share Everything which was completely blasted in the media. How many millions of Verizon customers paid full price for a phone to keep unlimited rather than go to T-mobile or Sprint which supposedly offer unlimited data?

                    • 47. Re: Unlimited Data Package
                      Vish

                      >Duplicate post deleted<

                       

                      Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

                      • 48. Re: Unlimited Data Package
                        Triynko

                        Let's see... Verizon ditched the "new every two" program, so now I see I get NOTHING for upgrading, and in place there is a $30 upgrade fee, so they want me to pay them to upgrade, ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LMFAO.  I'm "eligible" for a upgrade, eh... NO, >>VERIZON<< is "eligible" to impress me and keep me as a customer now that my contract is OVER.  Ditching new every two, eliminating the upgrade incentive and replacing it with a fee, eliminating unlimited data plans, and charging more overall for data, voice, and phone hardware in general is NOT IMPRESSING ME.  At least not in a good way.  When I go into the Verizon store tomorrow, I'm going to make my intention to terminate service clear, and then walk over to Sprint where I can get a Galaxy Note 2 for $99, an activation fee waved and a %10 discount with my AAA membership, and have an unlimited data plan, all at a cheaper rate, with excellent coverage in the Pittsburgh area.  AND I'm going to post this all over Facebook.

                        • 49. Re: Unlimited Data Package

                          Triynko wrote:

                           

                          Let's see... Verizon ditched the "new every two" program, so now I see I get NOTHING for upgrading, and in place there is a $30 upgrade fee, so they want me to pay them to upgrade, ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LMFAO.  I'm "eligible" for a upgrade, eh... NO, >>VERIZON<< is "eligible" to impress me and keep me as a customer now that my contract is OVER.  Ditching new every two, eliminating the upgrade incentive and replacing it with a fee, eliminating unlimited data plans, and charging more overall for data, voice, and phone hardware in general is NOT IMPRESSING ME.  At least not in a good way.  When I go into the Verizon store tomorrow, I'm going to make my intention to terminate service clear, and then walk over to Sprint where I can get a Galaxy Note 2 for $99, an activation fee waved and a %10 discount with my AAA membership, and have an unlimited data plan, all at a cheaper rate, with excellent coverage in the Pittsburgh area.  AND I'm going to post this all over Facebook.

                          Bye.

                           

                          Let's see a $400 discount on a phone is nothing?. yeah sprint has "unlimited" data not unlimited data. You'll find that out soon enough. Also in 2 years when you upgrade again good luck getting them to waive the $36 upgrade fee. You really think posting anything on Facebook will do anything? Seriously. Oh no ONE lone person is making a rant post on Facebook let's change out policy for 92 MILLION other customers because of it.

                          1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next