iphone 5 texting problem
sdfredrickson

Hi,

I am having issues with texting to my husbands phone. He has a new Razr and I am able to text other friends and family members and he is able to text me but doesn't get my texts. I started with Verizon customer service and the rep had me delete him from my contacts, had him delete me from his contacts, and reset my phone. That worked, for 1 day. He is now no longer getting my texts again. This is very frustrating, any ideas? He is the person that I text the most and this is annoying.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 texting problem
sdfredrickson

I wanted to add that I get no indication that my text is not going thru.

0 Likes
sdfredrickson

This is very irritating, still have the same problem and no one seems to be able to answer my question. I am not very happy with the customer service "help" that we have received so far!!

0 Likes
shell62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just wondering if you're husband is getting your texts? This problem may not relate to your phone at all but to your husbands. After all, why are you able to receive and send to all other phones but not his? By chance is he using the phone's text app or did he download another message app such as Handcent?

0 Likes
trisharpey

I had the same problem and I figured out that this happens when your iMessage setting is set to ON (Settings/Messages) and your are texting someone who isn't using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or a Mac. Once I turned that to off all my messages are going through.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sdfredrickson wrote:

I wanted to add that I get no indication that my text is not going thru.

You posted your question on a PEER to PEER community forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions. Not every user who reads this community responds to all the posts or has a suggestion for the discussions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gfrog1956

I am having the same problem with my husband's phone and babysitter's phone.  Did you find a resolution?

0 Likes
sdfredrickson

No. I have given up at this point, no one seems to be able to figure it

out. Sorry

0 Likes
Sauceboyz

Ask Verizon if there is a lock on downloading and pictures on your account. I had the same problem and that was the issue.

0 Likes
MikeDesmond

My wife had the same issue when trying to text me.  (iPhone5 --> SG3)  She added the area code to my phone number in her phone and it now works.

0 Likes