10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 9:13 PM by clellisx RSS

How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?

BigLen64

I've looked into a few apps trying to sync my outlook 2010 mail, but the apps that I've found so far sync with the exchange server. Does anyone have an efficient way of syncing directly with the outlook program on my pc? I've found a few (such as dejaoffice and companionlink) that sync outlook calendars, tasks etc, but none so far handle the e-mail part which is most important to me. Thanks!

• 1. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
          mdram4x4

for email, just have the phone get it from the server.

see your email provider for this

• 2. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
            BigLen

That's basically what I'm doing right now mdram. I can access my e-mail but it's not a very efficient if you want to be able to access from outlook on your pc and/or from your Galaxy S III phone. The way I have been doing it now is to set the e-mail settings to leave mail on the server so I can access from either device.

But then I have to handle the mail more than once. Not efficient by any means. I need a good way to sync between the two. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. 

• 3. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
              Ann154

Can you setup the email account as exchange?

• 4. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
                milanier

Same problem here.  I cannot get my email messages from to be accessed on my phone.  I must not have something set correctly but not sure what.  Dazed and confused. 

• 5. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
                  mdram4x4

i dont think pop3 accounts are ment to sync in the way you want them to

that said, there may be thrid party software to do it

iirc htc has htcsync that does this

• 6. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
                    BigLen64

I was looking into the possibility of using an exchange online account. I just hate the idea of adding more expense. I really didn’t anticipate there being any problem working with one of the most common e-mail programs. I guess it’s all about the Android/Google connection trying to push everyone to Google based services. I’m wondering if I will still be able to integrate my pop accounts into exchange? Do you know anything about this? If I can do that it may be worth the $4/month.

Len

<< Please remove personal information and links from signatures before posting. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

• 7. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
                      mdram4x4

actually its not just android

even windows phones would require exchange to do what you want

• 8. Re: How do I Sync Galaxy S III to Outlook 2010 E-mail?
                        clellisx

I run my own 2007 Exchange Server. Outlook 2010 on my PC and use the default built in client on the S3. I have performed nothing special other than selecting the option to manually configure mail client on the phone. Once I setup my phone I was/am able to sync my calendar, email and contacts. When I delete or change anything on the phone it deletes it or changes it on the server which in return updates my Outlook client. I would highly doubt this is caused by Exchange 2010 but I could be wrong. Guess I'll find out when I put my new Exchange server online.

For clarification purposes, You can have an older version of Microsoft Exchange server and a new/newer email client like Outlook. Outlook 2010 isn't the server application - it's the client application. So in this particular thread Outlook 2010 means nothing. You need to specify what version of exchange SERVER is being used. If you are unsure hopefully your IT team has OWA (Outlook Web Access) setup. https://yourcompaniesmailserver.com/owa as a for instance. It'll tell you on the login page what version. There's nothing all that special that needs to be setup other than your exchange account on the SERVER needs to have mobile access enabled which by default (at least on 2007 exchange) wasn't. If you can't get the phone to pull email that can be your problem and/or try disabling the digital verification or certs option (something like that anyway) in the phone client. Hope this helps.