SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
idunno19

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with my DInc2, and have seen much written about the problem, but none of the proposed fixes seem to work.

My phone will recognize the SD card for a random amount of time--sometimes an hour, sometimes a day. Then I'll get a notification that the "SD Card was Unexpectedly Removed." This happens randomly, and without apparent cause. If I go into "Settings > SD & phone storage," it shows the SD card section all greyed out, even though the card is present in the phone. If I shut off the phone, remove and then reinsert the SD card, then restart the phone, it will start the pattern again--but without fail, the card will unmount again.

I've made many efforts to fix this problem, without success. The things I've tried:

1. Factory reset, through the settings menu.

2. Hard reset, through the recovery menu.

3. Format the SD card in the phone.

4. Run a chkdsk and format the SD card in my PC.

5. Tried 2 other working SD cards, checked and formatted in my PC.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this is either a hardware or software problem with the phone, and not an issue with the SD card(s).

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

After doing all that, I would have to say that it is a defect with the phone itself.  If you are still under the one year warranty or have TEC, you can get it exchanged for free, just call tech support and tell them all the steps you have taken to solve the problem.

0 Likes
Re: SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
idunno19

Thanks for your response, I had a feeling it was the hardware. Yeah, it's past the warranty, but can't get a discount on a new phone until March...

<Comment removed to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm sure if you just remove the SD card, you can use the phone without. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, depending on internal storage available.

0 Likes
idunno19

Unfortunately, some important things will not function without an SD card. My preferred keyboard app and voice output engine require an SD card. Some games too.

The most significant problem is that the current version of the firmware requires an SD card to use the camera, even though it's not an Android requirement. Alas, I've been informed that discussion of attempts to remedy that are verboten here.

I suspect that other apps will run into trouble, but those are the big ones I've found so far.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You are right on all counts, most new phones have internal internal storage, some don't even have an SD card slot. My Rezound has 16 GB internal storage, and would work fine without an SD card. I wasn't sure if the DInc 2 was similar.

0 Likes