Docking options
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does any one know if its possible to remove the media player from the dock screen? Or how to increase the size of the clock in general?

I ask cause I like having my phone as a clock so I can see what time it is in the middle of the night if I wake up, but the dock clock is too small and I'm extremely near sighted. I cant read the clock at the size it is on the dock screen unless its 6 inches or so from my face.

I dont think there is, but I figured I would ask! I know I can get an app, but I kinda like the dock, so... yeah.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Docking options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey ACWN,

That is a great question! I know that I can't see anything without my glasses at night, so I understand the necessity of making the clock a bit bigger. I did check out the specifications and there wasn't anything stating that you would be able to modify the look of the dock mode. While docked, you can press your menu button and go into Settings, however, this is just to manage what the dock mode is showing (music, photos, weather, ect) and not the actual display. I am sorry that there isn't a way to modify it, however, you are right that you can try a third party application that may work a bit better. Thanks for your question!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey ACWN,

That is a great question! I know that I can't see anything without my glasses at night, so I understand the necessity of making the clock a bit bigger. I did check out the specifications and there wasn't anything stating that you would be able to modify the look of the dock mode. While docked, you can press your menu button and go into Settings, however, this is just to manage what the dock mode is showing (music, photos, weather, ect) and not the actual display. I am sorry that there isn't a way to modify it, however, you are right that you can try a third party application that may work a bit better. Thanks for your question!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly the only app I have been able to find that is large enough to be seen well enough without my glasses and also prevents screen burn-in has a bunch of issues and the developer never answers emails or updates the app. I've only ever seen one update on it and thats because they messed up and put a trial period on the app that came up - upset a lot of people.

Oh well, thanks for the answer.

0 Likes