Re: RAZR won't boot up
nan4cee

all they will give you is a refurbished broken down piece of crap. I just got a new number and now after restarting my phone wont work. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
pam70471

I had the same problem. Phone powered down and would freeze when trying to power on. Had to take to local store and they had to do hard reset back to factory so lost everything except what Verizon backs up.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to determine what apps you had? I had a great medicine list app, very simple. Can't find it again at all...very frustrating since all the others have bells and whistles that I don't need or want.

0 Likes
whamel

Hey,

This sounds exactly like the issue I had when driving from Chicago to Mississippi. Not only was us I using "cop speed trap" apps, I was also using Google Nav., checking my email, making a phone call via bluetooth, etc...long story short, I drained my battery in 3 hours flat. The USB port in my Ford Fusion would not charge/restart the phone. So I tried the USB port on this very laptop I'm typing on....to no avail.

So I drove to the nearest "larger" truck stop and found an unsecured WiFi network, logged using my laptop, and found that I need to change my battery with an OEM wall outlet charger, up too a minimum of 20%. I sat at a truck stop doing just this wasting time. Then I realized I could buy a cigarette lighter to regular AC 120V plug and plug and charge my phone that way.

Didn't get a problem since. ALSO, you don't need a fancy AC/DC cigarette converter, my phone sucks up 750mW. The cheapest one  I found at a Walmart, on my drive to Mississippi put out 150Watts.All I need was 750mW, so I charged my laptop and phone, and all-purpose "scanner". I will keep this converter until it dies. I have found myself using it more than one.

Hope that helps,

Bill

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bill i want to tell you something on them Car chargers even though they say they may Work with your Phone don't always believe it they can do more Damage than what there Worth. And for the price of what you paid for your phone won't equal to what the out come might be if it over charges it) A non O.E.M Charger usually doesn't have a Protection part built into them as a O.E.M and they can tend to Over do the Battery and it only Take one time to Do it..

Here are the Chargers i use when Traveling weather it be a Short Trip or Long..  The Coiled one is the First one i Got) the second i use with my Nav Kit i use in the Car and the third one Pictured is my Back up Travel Charger)  The First one i Bought at U.S.Cellular the Second one I bought it Verizon for $25 and my Travel charger Came with my Razr HD Station These are all very well Designed and safe O.E.M chargers suited for the Razr Family of Phones... b33 

P513 Car Charger (Micro USB) - 89143NVehicle Power Adapter For Tablets and PhonesP933 Micro USB Travel Charger

0 Likes
whamel

Thank you for the advice. I have been on the hunt for 1W chargers, not the

750mW that USB puts out. I have been told by several low-level salesman,

and level 1 @ 2 tech support, that the use of 1W chargers is OK, but if it

is not branded Motorola, don't count on things lasting great. But to the

contrary I have a 1W charger from god know what phone I used it for, and it

RAPIDLY charged my battery with EXTREMELY minimal loss of battery life (11

month period saw 20 min decrease in battery life)

SINCE I work for a competing wireless provider, I can say I do have tools

at my disposal.

THIS IS CONFIRMED 2010 Ford Fusion USB port run at 750mW, and use the same

EXACT architecture as a USB port of a computer. The "protectin" matters,

like resistors and wattage flow monitors exisit in the Fusion b/c all Ford

products use Microsoft SYNC and Microsoft demanded WIDE comparability

regarding USB connected devices, thus they built the SYNC hardware as close

to a mini-PC as possible.

Ironic too that this topic just came up. I got into an accident with my

Ford and have been rented a Camry 2012 with touch-screen audio controls and

have noticed that while my battery says it's charging, the simple act of

leaving on my Bluetooth for calls (and occasional music playing) while

plugged in has me perplexed. I'm guessing Toyota has simplified hardware.

Just do a side by side with the '12 Camry LE (no-nav) and a '10 Fusion

software v.3 and you will be surprised what the SYNC can do. I can send

vehicle health reports to the SYNC site and then take appropriate action.

It also reminds me of service intervals....the SYNC feature is awesome. AND

I will continue to plug my phone into that USB port as long as I live!

-Bill

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bill my charger that i have in the Picture in the Middle put's out at 5.25V  at 1.6A  that what is Listed on the Side of it Here some More info on the Charger

It's Listed as a 8 W car Charger for the X Y Board but it will work with the Razr's as Well  Here's a Couple Links i attached Look at the First Link First it will show my Charger as one of the ones you can use) It does a Good Job in Charging Bill

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/DROID-MAXX/better-battery/96406,en_US,pd.html?selectedTab=tab-3...

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Charger-DROID-Xyboard-10-1/dp/B007A65Q8S/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF...

http://www.wirelessground.com/motorola-droid-xyboard-car-charger.html

0 Likes
whamel

Well, those are definitely specialized devices. I',m talking simple. As in

I don't have to buy anything and it's all working already. Sure the Ford

Fusion USB connector puts out MAX 750mW, I do a long distance drive 1 time

a year, and ill stick to my trusty AC/DC convertor from a WalMart in the

middle of Mississippi. ALHOUGHthis new job requires a commute 1 hour there

and 1 hour back, so maybe I will look into the selections you have proposed

to me. Thanks for the info!

-Bill