Slide lock/Touch screen wont work! Help!
cali_giggles

I am unable to unlock my phone. Everytime I try to unlock the slide lock on my touch screen it won't work. I have no clue how to get into my phone. I have taken the battery out several times and turned the phone on and off several times. I have cleaned the screen. I really don't know what to do.  Smiley Sad I am so tired of this phone. I am on my 5th one!!!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Slide lock/Touch screen wont work! Help!
B33
Legend

If you can pull the Battery in the Phone Pull it while it's on and the Hold in on the Power Button while the Batter is out do this for 20 sec. and then Re-install the Battery and try the Feature again.. b33

0 Likes
cali_giggles

Thank you B33, but I just tried it and it still won't work. The unlock slider will move but won't unlock still.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum that little Burger. shall we try a Hammer.!    just kidden.. You might Try to see if you can get it into Safe Mode Cali

Let's Try that and see if we don't have a 3rd party App given your phone this problem

Safe Mode - Motorola DROID 2 (A955)

Note Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.

Enable Safe Mode

Disable Safe Mode

Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
  3. Slide the keyboard open.
    Keyboard Open
  4. Press the Power button.
    Power button
  5. Press and hold the OK key.
    Hold the OK key
  6. Continue to hold the OK key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode
  7. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  8. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  9. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
0 Likes
cali_giggles

Lol... well at this point the hammer might be the only option. Smiley Happy I got my phone in safe mode but the slide lock still won't work. This is driving me bonkers. I have had 5 of these phones in a two year period and have had so much trouble with all of them and right now I can't afford a new one. Any other ways I can get around this slide lock to get into my phone? Sigh...

0 Likes
agdg95

I am having the same trouble with my phone - It's a Droid 2 also. No help with Safe mode and all the Verizon stores advice is file the insurance. I just got the replacement in the mail today. I will never buy another Droid again!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So witch Device did you get.?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cali.giggles

Oh my! This is definitely strange! You've done a great deal of troubleshooting. I would like the opportunity to review your device further to assist. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caleahvm

I have been having the same issue with my phone....went to the store was told once the screen goes out theres nothing we can do to troubleshoot, that I would need to either upgrade or file with insurance.  My contract is going to be up in February so based on pure annoyance and poor customer service....im not so sure i plan on doing an upgrade.  So as for the dummy in the store who said they cant troubleshoot i suppose they were basing that off of laziness or ignorance....needless to say i have found with my own troubleshooting that if I take my battery out let it rest a few minutes (sometimes more), I then make sure my keyboard is slid out and I then power it on.  At this point I am usually able to use the touchscreen.....lol....this is purely a temporary fix for me because it will then only work sometimes for a few minutes....sometimes all day.  I've been dealing with this for about a month now while I outweigh my options.  I hope this helps you if you havent already smashed it...as i daydream of doing everyday!

0 Likes
melissa030876

I also have a Droid 2 and I am having trouble with my screen also and I cant get my phone to charge. My phone will say its charging and not charge any. I have purchessed a new battery and new charger and same resluts. The phone also has a mind of it's own it sends texts and calls people when no one is even touching the phone. It will also go into the internet and apps with no help from me. I just bought a Droid X on Ebay and I am wondering if I can transfer my $80.00 a month prepaid service to the Droid X from the Droid 2. Its really sad tho because I have had my Droid 2 for a while and I am very unhappy that I have to get a phone without a physical keyboard.

0 Likes