Re: Pantech Breakout - Issues
tens1822

I've been having very similar issues for the past few weeks. I started receiving the 'force close' messages, the 'application not functioning' message and when it asked if I wanted to report the issue, even THAT option didn't work. I called Verizon about it, but told them due to family and work issues,I would be unable to get to the Verizon store until this week (since they were unable to troubleshoot it from their end). Well, I went to set the ALARM CLOCK on the phone, and the entire screen went black. I took the battery out, and tried to reboot to no avail. The phone simply refuses to turn back on now. I then went online to research if anyone else was having issues with this phone,and lo and behold, I find a vast amount of Breakout owners are having the same issues,with no real working solution yet to be found (other then getting a completely different make of phone). It's not just on Verizon's customer review site, I've found other tech sites where even more people are reporting the same issues. Having gone thru the revolving door of replacement phones when I had my EnvTouch2,and all 3 phones having the same issue,then after bringing back the 3rd phone,only to have Verizon tell me "sorry,we can't help you" AFTER being told that if I still had the same issue with the 3rd phone,to bring it in and they'd try something else.I was stuck with a phone that still had issues until i was eligible for an upgrade.THEN, when i went in for my upgrade, the Verizon clerk went on and on about how the EnvTouch2 had nothing but issues and was a bad phone, I really had to bite my tongue. So, you can understand why I have zero interest in reliving THAT experience with the Breakout. I'm going into the store tomorrow and taking printouts of the multitude of posts from other customers who are having or have had the same issues as me.I'm not interested in replacing this problamatic phone,with another of the same kind (since it's obviously a major issue with the brand of phone itself).I want this phone replaced with a GOOD comparable phone (with 4g),and since i bought this phone new, a 'refurbished' phone is out of the question. Yea, I'm more than just a little disappointed with this whole thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi matttaylor2121,

I want you to be able to access the internet and use the phone when needed. Let's get to the bottom of this for you!

What zip code are you in?
Does this happen in specific areas or all over?
Do you have issues with the internet only, or is voice or messaging giving you any issues?

Please reply with some more information so we can work together on a fix. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
terdrivemecrzy
Enthusiast - Level 1

after taking my phone to a certified repair person..who said he could find nothing wrong inside the phone, and didnt charge me a dime....i went to the verizon store. the store was totally empty, and from the time i walked in-throughout the whole time-- the guy spoke to me --he was just grinning..i have no idea why -i mean, jeez when i left i checked myself to make sure everything was closed,covered whatever on my body!! lol....anyways, as soon as he took the back off his first words were the phone had water damage. i figured that.once that happens, whether it is the cause or not they are gonna use that as an excuse. anyway, even though i told him about all these posts here, and on other sites on the net, the THOUSANDS i have spent with verizon (i mean, i have gotten some ridiculous bills), and the fact that the phone was fine months after the water incident..bottom line, once that dot turns pink, his words..."verizon doesnt care". i think i am going to really sit down and think about saying i dont care about verizon..and they can try and collect the termination fee if i drop them. God i would have been happy with a refurbished replacement for now. no such thing as customer service anymore.

0 Likes
jerriboberry

Ive not even used mine and I am unhappy and even more so after reading all these posts! Just got the phone in the mail today and it will power OFF before activation is even complete! Was told it was not a common issue!! Obviously that is not the case! Although I ordered it from Verizon online they said I need to take it to the store to exchange it! The nearest store is an hour trip one way and gas is $4, REALLY! Lesson learned, always read reviews FIRST!

0 Likes
beantown

Same dang issues with my Breakout. I have to reboot it daily. Constantly drops call. Or I receive a call and it doesn't ring. SD card un-mounts for no reason or can't be found. Numerous factory restores have been done to no avail. Even tried it with no apps other than the stock installs and it still doesn't work correctly. I keep getting OTA Verizon updates that end in a 410 error. 4G LTE connections last for about 20 seconds then it drop the 4G side. I'm lucky to stay connected to a data connection about 40% of the time. For what we pay for service this is totally unacceptable in my book. Looks like I'm headed to a Verizon store to see what they can do. Truly a disappointment and Pantech/Verizon REALLY need to do the right thing for there customers!

0 Likes
luv2cuburn

I have that problem also. It has erased all my pics,music and games. wth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something needs to get done about this or they need to replace my damn phone!!

0 Likes
madukes

I was told when I got my first breakout in Feberuary this was due to some programming ssue and ther was going to be an update that was going to take care of that. i updated and it was still a problem.

0 Likes