Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Well mine was working good for 4 days after they replaced the antenna, But now dropping connection again.

0 Likes
EJS_CE172
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been unplugging the antenna every day before I go to work. Not sure it helps bt have had less dropouts. Plus, if they are scamming bytes, this holds them at bay for awhile.

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 15:29:17 -0600

To: <Personal information removed per the TOS.>

Subject: Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY - Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY

created by scott21 in Broadband & Netbook Community - View the full discussion

Well mine was working good for 4 days after they replaced the antenna, But now dropping connection again.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Broadband & Netbook Community by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
wvforu

I have had this service for 7 months, became a member in April 2012.  I pay 136 dollars a month which of course is outrageous but between ViaSat and HomeFusion the LTE has much better latency!  I have had one Cantenna to fail and it took them 3 weeks to come out and replace and I even have the service plan.  Ever since day one I have dealt with this internet outage with both cantennas.  It happens almost like clockwork averaging for me every 2 hours and takes usually anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes to correct itself.  Most of the time it is not a bother me but when I need secure connections for extended periods of time it is so frustrating.  Plus when downloading large files I get so mad!  I just had 3 files downloading 300 megabytes each, all going along nicely at 1megabyte per second each, yes I have very fast speeds I practically live beside a tower, I average 2 to 3 megabytes per second.  Well when they reached about 50% I lost connection so there went all that wasted data.  I had this happen one time with a file that was 1.2 gigs and it stopped at 80%.  I have spoken to the tech support and they acknowledged the problem and they have no solution as of right now, my account was noted weeks ago and they hope to eventually have a fix.  Considering this has been happening for 7 months hmmm I think it may be a terminal issue with the technology.  The only time it never dropped was a 2 day period I had a week or so ago when my light blinked yellow/orange for two days but my connection was rock solid never failing and I figured they fixed it but no they didn't!  This sucks but unfortunately I have two options ViaSat which I had before and get about 1megabyte per second down but horrible horrible ping latency or homefusion and just pray they eventually use all the cash we give them to pay someone to fix this DARN PROBLEM!  I am actually selling my home and moving out of the country because of my internet woes I have had the last two years I have lived here.  I will never live in an area without cable broadband ever again!

0 Likes
PReinie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have Home Fusion (never heard of it until I read this thread) but y'all might consider a download manager which is supposed to recover from incomplete downloads such as when you loose a connection.

I don't know if the server also has to be able to handle partial downloads too, but you might want to check around.

0 Likes
Home21

Is there gonna be a fix for this soon ? cause this isn't reliable home internet.

0 Likes
VerizonFriend

I  have the same problem.  I switched from a MiFi unit that shared the internet with my whole network to Home Fusion.  I added a yagi  antenna external antenna connection and got 4 bars on the signal strength indicator.  Thought that having a cantenna on the roof would increase my good signal strength to great.  Not so much. Having the same issues that you all are talking about.  After replacing the router and cantenna, I have to shut the whole system down a few times a week.  It seems like the cantenna locks onto a weaker cell tower and does not switch back to a stronger tower.  I wish it was always seeking the strongest signal.  Can Verizon explain why the units lock up?  I just want to be assured that someone is listening and working on the problem.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I now got router and antenna replaced still doing it  lol. But good thing is after ticket comes back and no fix they are letting me out of my contract.

0 Likes
ryanvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to follow up, I have had my cantenna replaced about 2 weeks ago.  Originally the change made no difference.  We lost the connection just as frequently.  I will say now over the last week (and I am sure this will bite me) we have had much more reliable service.  I have not had to power off the device or reboot the cantenna thru the router in a week.  I am hoping it was an issue with the cantenna or the service ticket some how was addressed behind the scenes with a firmware upgrade or something.  But the service has been much more reliable over the last week.  I will post again if it continues or changes.  Once thing I encourage you all to do is log the service request.  It was good to post here to see if anyone had suggestions but having the ticket in the system gave me a contact and also led to 2 site visits by Verizon staff.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Its not the antenna or router  it will drop again trusts me. what is causing this is a august firmware update that messed up the connection to drop or stall out and until a vendor fixes this it will keep on i had my antenna replaced and router all was good to for week and boom again it went.

0 Likes
wongat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting the answer from Verizon that its a firmware issue but no ETA. You would think that since this is an issue with so many customers Verizons would have an alternate solution. As customers we cannot wait months or years for a resolution. Its been at least 2 months since this issue has been occurring and telling your customers to be patient and wait this long is not a solution. Please help us Verizon.