SD Card Recovery
charitycaquelin

I just had my HTC Thunderbolt replaced because the charging port had gone bad...how do I get my apps off of my SD Card and put onto my replacement?

0 Likes
Re: SD Card Recovery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Charitycaquelin!

I'm thrilled that you were able to get your phone replaced! Let's get you back in the swing of things!

The SD Card will keep your application information that way when you reinstall the app it still is backed up! The quickest way to redownload your applications is by visiting www.google.com/play > log in > choose My Android Apps tab. You can click the install button and it will send it straight to your phone!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I'LL BE DARNED!!  Melissa!  You are the first actual Customer Service person I've ever seen answer ANYTHING on this Thunderbolt board!!!!  I'm dumbfounded.  Could you please go through the rest of the threads and see if you can actually HELP somebody else??!  That would be wonderful.  I won't hold my breath tho.. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do realize this is a customer-to-customer forum and not Verizon Customer Service?  Yes, Verizon reps sometimes pop in and respond, but it's sporadically. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sharonnnut wrote:

Well, I'LL BE DARNED!!  Melissa!  You are the first actual Customer Service person I've ever seen answer ANYTHING on this Thunderbolt board!!!!  I'm dumbfounded.  Could you please go through the rest of the threads and see if you can actually HELP somebody else??!  That would be wonderful.  I won't hold my breath tho.. 

Melissa and the other VZW employees that roam this community have responded to other discussions within the Thunderbolt space and the other spaces in this peer to peer community forum. The point of this community is to get help or suggestions from your fellow customers. The VZW employees try to wait and give the customers a chance to answer the questions. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ericalynn98
Enthusiast - Level 1

my thunderbolt is driving me CRAZY to say the least !!!! woke up and EVERTHING i had saved on sd card (pics,apps,music) is GONE Smiley Sad it tells me to insert sd card but i never took it out and have taken out and restarted several times and still cannot get all my stuff back Smiley Sad even tried back up plus. What can I do ??? HELP please

0 Likes
ericalynn98
Enthusiast - Level 1

this cell hardly works right at all!!! drops calls and i miss calls

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you access the card via your computer, does it find the files?

0 Likes
ericalynn98
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do i do that Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and see if any of your files are on the SD card.  If that doesn't work, just to double-check, you could remove the SD card (be sure not to touch the gold part) and insert in your computer's card reader (assuming it has one or that you have an external one) and see if the files are there.  If the files are there, back them up to your computer and get into the habit of backing them up.  If they aren't there, you may be able to recover them using appropriate software; I've done that before, but it was several years ago and I don't remember which software I used ... you could search the internet for one.