Can't activate Samsung Fascinate
hershbergeralexis

My account says that this phone is active but everytime I try to call *228 I get some US Cellular stuff about phone activation and roaming services. I also tried calling 888-922-0204 and got a message MO whatever also from US Cellular. I'm starting to get extremely frustrated. I'm in college and can't really go anywhere to get help and I have no other way to call customer service. I also tried live chat but all they wanted to do was sell me stuff. I don't wanna buy anything, I want my phone to work!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't activate Samsung Fascinate
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you generally located? Is it possible that you are roaming on US Cellular towers in your location? To activate a Verizon Wireless branded device, you should be within range of a Verizon Wireless tower to connect to the proper programming.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

I would ask the online chat if they can post the way to manually program the device, if they wont, you will have go into a store, or a vzw converage area. Or google it, kid.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Just realized you will need to know such thinks as sid/nin, mtn and min....maybe an online rep will give it to him/

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

http://www.fanofandroid.com/2011/03/how-to-manually-program-samsung.html

Do you have your old phone? It would tell you your number's min, sid, etc

0 Likes