Pantech Breakout won't check for updates
pacnet2013

For some reason whenever I try to check for updates on my VZW Pantech Breakout (Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check New) it fails to check for an update and just says "Error occurred during software update. Out of memory".

I have no idea why it's saying this. The problem just started happening randomly. I used to be able to check for updates.

I've tried freeing up internal memory and have made sure my RAM usage is not too high, but the RAM usage is fine and I have plenty of space. Any ideas? I'm sure my phone doesn't have a virus..

I have a stock ROM which received it's second update in July 2012. (It seems I had 2 software updates in my total phone's lifetime).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout won't check for updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pacnet2013! I share your interest in assuring that my device has the most recent software. You mentioned in your description that your model (Pantech Breakout) received its most recent update in July 2012. That's confirmed. What I'd like to know is if this is the same update you're trying to install to your Breakout, and if you've been trying since it was relased more than 5 months ago. You can confirm the version on your device by going to Settings> About phone> Baseband version. Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes