Can't figure out how to forward calls on iPhone 4S?
Marla77

I tried going to settings, then phone. There is no section under this that says call forwarding.  However, if I click Verizon Services, There's an option at the top that says "Call Forwarding Disable     *73".   If I press this, it calls something called "YouMail Deactivate".  I hear a few tones then it hangs up.

I also tried calling *72.  It says something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your feature update could not be completed. To speak to a customer service representative, please hang up and dial..."

How in the world do I activate call forwarding?!?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't figure out how to forward calls on iPhone 4S?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Turn On Call Forwarding

From Your Mobile Phone

1. Dial *72 and the phone number (including area code) where you want your calls to be forwarded to (e.g., *72-908-123-4567).

2. Press the Call button and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or message.

3. End your call.

Turn Off Call Forwarding

From Your Mobile Phone

1. Dial *73.

2. Press the call button and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or message. 

3. End your call.
0 Likes
Marla77

I want it to be forwarded to the #67# (the Verizon message that says the number you have dialed had been chaned, disconnected... etc.).  I dial *72#67#.  Still received the "feature update could not be completed" message.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

What is #67#  ??

0 Likes
Marla77

Its a number that you can dial that says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number have dialed has been changed, disconnected, etc."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Marla77. The steps Spiral gave for activating and deactivating Call Forwarding are correct and can also be found at http://bit.ly/OrHpX8 . But call forwarding can't be activated to any number that includes special characters (like # or *). Is there a reason you're trying to activate call forwarding to an invalid number?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes