Re: Droid Bionic restarts itself, brand new
alhicks

I've had this problem while the phone was plugged in and charging. It just kept rebooting itself every few minutes, tried taking out battery and seemed to fix the problem. Then a few days later the phone became very slow to respond to typing on the keyboard. It took me several minutes to respond to texts, I restarted and it fixed the problem for a day or so. Have been to Verizon store and guy that helped me changed a few settings and told me to "be mindful" of any further problems. I had this same problem with my phone from At&t, I was pretty much told by them to either buy a new phone or suffer with it, I came to Verizon since it was recommended by everyone as a great company for customers. I'm really hoping I don't run across the same problems here....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Pull the Battery While your Bionic is on An then hold the Power Button for 25 Sec. then Re-Insert the Battery an Power it Up.. You could have a App that is Causing the Issue while it's Plugged in.. And if your Charging your Bionic Via the Computer stop this procedure an Use the Box charger.. You might also have a Third Party App that is causing this Issue

Put you phone in Safe Mode an see if any thing shows up..b33

Safe Mode - Motorola DROID Bionic XT875

Note Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode
Disable Safe mode

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove and replace the battery.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, release the power button then simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode
  5. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  6. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  7. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press the Power button.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here's How to perform a Soft Reset For your Bionic :  b33

Soft Reset - DROID BIONIC by Motorola

Note A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
  3. Press and hold the Power button to power the device on.
0 Likes
Its-Annie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does that too, although not very often. Today was the first time in a while when I was taking a pic!

0 Likes
tilliquit

Same problem, finally it died went to Verizon store called tech support the sent me a new phone overnight no charge for shipping. No problems with new phone at all. Tech said that it is happening allot. I believe it is a firmware issue but who cares as long as verizon does the "good customer service thing". Bionic is a great phone happy with the new one and the service.

0 Likes
emtmelissa6

I had the same problem of my phone restarting itself multiple times a day. About 2 weeks ago I uninstalled some apps that I wasn't using, and my phone is working perfectly! Apparently one of the apps I had was causing the problem. I just have no idea which one.

0 Likes
BurdgeJim

Don't waste your time if you are booting and get the following messages, and then the phone reboots and goes through the same process every two minutes. The problem can't be fixed, booting in "Safe Mode" doesn't work, and Verizon will send you a new phone:

boot sequence messages after Droid graphics:

1. BP Paniced

2. into BP core dump mode

3. trying to open USB

4. saving BP core bump failed

5. switch to BP bypass mode

- phone reboots and starts over from #1

The one problem is since the phone never completes the boot process and opens the USB, you can't access the phone's internal storage to back it up and you will lose this info. Tech Support reccomends using "Google Drive" available via Google Play to autobackup the phones internal storage and avoid this problem in the future.

0 Likes
InternetVideoMag

I had the same problem. Went through 3 Bionics before I finally got one that was stable.Number 4 has been good for the last six months or so....

Don't bother trying to troubleshoot it. Just bring it to your local Verizon store and get another one.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well sometime trouble shooting come in Handy..

reality1o1
Enthusiast - Level 1

o00o look another example of garbage being painted as gold and then sold...and then people report the problems, same across all smarts phones using android... great job verizon.. shows you really care and pay attention to your customer base...

0 Likes