Re: All Email accounts saying "Invalid Credentials" when trying to verify
jalysehunter

I have done the soft reset, the hard reset, and even got a new phone as a result of this issue. There is nothing you can do to fix it! Smiley Sad So what I did was have all my email accounts forwarded to my Gmail account because that one is still working. Otherwise you can download something from the play store called "K-9 Mail" and that will do the exact same thing as the stock email client. Hopefully that helps everyone out a little bit. I hope Verizon/Motorola get this figured out soon!!!

-Motorola Droid RAZR

0 Likes
czalex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid 4, and I'm getting the same issue, but only with my Yahoo mail account; my Gmail account still works.  I thought I was going crazy.  It's good to know that this is a known issue and not something specific to me (not that I'm happy that anyone else is going through the same frustration that I am).  Mine stopped working late last week. I'm not sure of the exact date, but it was probably around the 21st or 22nd as it happened when I was out of town.  Weird that my Gmail still works when it doesn't for others.  I ended up downloading the Yahoo mail app which seems to be working fine. 

On another thread, someone mentioned that when they called Verizon, tech support said it must be a problem with the mail providers' servers.  Having worked tech support in the past, this sounds like an "I don't know what the problem is so blame it on someone else's server" b.s. answer to me.

ECFoecking

I suspect there is a lot of "not my problem" on this one.  Hopefully, someone will take responsibility.

Interesting thing with my situation is, while my Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail accounts were all getting the invalid credentials error, my gmail account was still pushing mail to the phone.

This morning, I had ICS pushed to my phone and installed.  It has not resolved the issue but I stumbled across something in the settings to review certificates.  Does anyone know if there is a correlation between these certificates and the information on the credentials posted to the email accounts?

0 Likes
macone1

Having this same issue, I went to the Apps store and downloaded the free Hotmail app and put it on my home page. Problem solved!

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:00:09 -0600

To: leahcoughlin@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: All Email accounts saying "Invalid Credentials" when trying to verify

Re: All Email accounts saying "Invalid Credentials" when trying to verify created by ECFoecking in DROID X by Motorola - View the full discussion

I suspect there is a lot of "not my problem" on this one. Hopefully, someone will take responsibility.

Interesting thing with my situation is, while my Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail accounts were all getting the invalid credentials error, my gmail account was still pushing mail to the phone.

This morning, I had ICS pushed to my phone and installed. It has not resolved the issue but I stumbled across something in the settings to review certificates. Does anyone know if there is a correlation between these certificates and the information on the credentials posted to the email accounts?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID X by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
ECFoecking

I would debate downloading a different piece of software "solves" the problem.  The app that comes with the phone is promoted to allow ANY email provider to be pushed or pulled (depending on the service) into a consolidated email viewer.  Simply put, THAT product does not work and should be fixed.

By the way, there are individual products for Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail but the Hotmail product does not appear to manage email other than Hotmail.  Yahoo's Android app has ads.  I have not looked at the Google product (why should I when there is already one that is supposed to work on the phone!).

My point is that if someone provides a product they claim has certain functions, those functions SHOULD work.

0 Likes
loonybird

I am having the same problem with my Yahoo email account on Droid Razr Maxx.  Like others, this problem began June 21 or shortly afterwards.  Factory reset is not a practical option -- it took me a day to set the thing up the first time around (and re-install apps & data from previous Droid X) and I'm not willing to go through that again.  Even if I did, what if it happens again?  I'm not going to repeat this exercise once every two weeks.  So, Verizon, let's see a real solution to this problem.

0 Likes
matthewclaxton

I have the same problem

Two weeks ago I started getting messages to log back into one of my hotmail accounts that I had set up on my droid charge at the 'email icon'( I had 3 hotmail accounts and 1 gmail account setup there)

once I logged the password back in it worked again, but it began requesting that I log back into the account more and more frequently

Customer service recommended that I remove the account and then set it up again, I did this and  it would not allow me to set it up again-"setup could not finish, error in login, invalid credentials"

I tried removing all acounts and then setting them up again, still could not set up the one hotmail account (same message)

Verizon store decided that I needed to 'wipe' my phone completely, after they wiped it two of my hotmail accounts refused to be set up (same error message)

I tried changing the passwords going to the accounts online on my computer (I can access all the accounts online)

Customer service stated that it must be the phone and sent me a refurbished phone, the refurbished phone is doing the exact same thing with the exact same error message

Any ideas?

0 Likes
loonybird

I eventually broke down and installed an alternative email client called K-9 Mail.  I only use it for the account that is giving me problems.  I don't particularly like it and I don't like that I have one client for 4 accounts and one other client for just one account.  But it works well enough for my purposes.

0 Likes
loonybird

For anyone still having this problem:  I finally caved in and did the factory reset in order to use the built-in email client with the Yahoo business account that had died.  The Yahoo account came back with no problems and the reset wasn't too painful. 

0 Likes