4G LTE indoors..
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

I definitely want someone from to answer this question..

I live in the "sweet-spot" of 4G coverage and I am a new customer to Verizon.  I can barely muster up .90mbps in my house and around 1-1.5mps outside my home. In other areas i can get 4mbps, 8mbps, etc... but the coverage map puts my town and my house in the sweet spot of this 4G LTE coverage...

The strength of the coverage in my area, in particular; the 4G LTE coverage was the reason I changed providers.  But, i can barely muster up speeds...  

my zip code is 49319

4g.JPG

Can you help? I have a ticket open with a tech, but he didn't call me back when he said he would. Direct Message me if you want more specific detail. I'm running Galaxy Nexus and my wife is iphone4 (not 4g)...

So, can you help?  This needs to be improved because we're paying for it.

Can anyone from any of these support communities dive into my question? Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Message was edited

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE indoors..
imws

I travel a lot for work and have really been impressed with the 4G LTE speeds from Verizon.  I've never encountered speeds as low as yours.  Have you gone to a local Verizon store and tried some of other LTE smartphones?  If the speed of the other phones are on par with yours then it's the network in your area.  If the other phones report better speeds than yours then you may want to exchange it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you have lots of tall trees near you? that certainly can affect reception

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Al look at this Map i Provided by the Link below it is from Sensorly they have a Website and they also have a App in the Market Playstore) And with app Set to progressive scan it will Trace were you Go and Lay down the 4G foot Print from info from your Phone Now sensorly does not collect personal information just the info part of the phone that show's were your phone is Getting the Signal and were it Varies)  This is a Great App but read the Instructions when i use mine away from Home that is when i set it to Progressive when i'm done Mapping i un-check it so it won't Run my Battery Down.. But this should help point out were the 4G Truly is it also shows Coverage for the Other Carriers as Well  b33Smiley Happy

Here is the Map Al of your Area)  In the Second Link is some of the Area i Mapped in my Area..

http://www.sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Verizon/lte_310verizon

http://www.sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Verizon/lte_310verizon

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You can greatly improve your signal as long as your dBm is below -100 dbm you can get a 9.5 full band outdoor antenna and a 4G LTE amplifier..

9.5" Full Band Outdoor Omni 3G/4G Antenna

Cellphone-Mate 3-Watt Verizon 4G LTE Direct Connect Amplifier - CM700V-32 [700Vmhz ONLY]

You can get the gear at 3gstore

You can read more info on RSSI and dBm readings and signal strength

http://3gstore.com/rssi

0 Likes