iPhone 5-All incoming call going directly to voice mail.
jon9091

hey all,

Just switched my wife and myself over from ATT to Verizon. We each got a new iPhone 5. I backed up my iPhone 4 to iTunes and then restored it to my new phone. I got it activated by calling in. I can make outgoing call just fine, but all incoming calls go directly to voice mail. I do not have Do Not Disturb activated or anything like that. My wife's phone work absolutely fine. Any other ideas?

thanks very much,

J

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5-All incoming call going directly to voice mail.
B33
Legend

It might be a setting that need to be changed in your Plan i would check with customer service) 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 just to see if that feature is Activated as might be. You can go to My Verizon and check this your Self but it doesn't hurt to have a C.S.R help along the Way.. b33

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

I have this same problem with a brand new plan, number and Iphone.  Half my calls don't even ring, straight to voice mail. UHG!

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

try to restor the iphone through itunes or call 800-922-0204 and get to tech support

NOTE NON VZW EMPLOYEE CUSTMORE HERE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you are able to fully enjoy your service on the most reliable network jon9091! Are you still having difficulties? Sounds like your port may have been incomplete at the time. Were your previous devices powered off?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dad_23!

Are you still experiencing issues with your wireless services? I want you to have the best wireless experience with us. Please reset your network settings http://is.gd/iP5RstNtwk and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
apnelson13

Hey Jon,

I just had and fixed the same issue you are experiencing (text and making calls worked fine, incoming calls went straight to vm). It turned out to be an issue with the port from AT&T. Apparently the AT&T account number I provided them was off by a single character and that held the process from completing itself properly. Call tech support and ask to be transferred to the port department. They sorted it out in 5 seconds flat. Seems kind of silly they don't proactively reach out, but they were very nice and solved things quickly.

Hope this helps.

Alex

0 Likes