Re: Is the iPhone4 Family Locator capable?
Giacomo123

This is true.  It works like this.  I recommend using this method. 

0 Likes
jaxbquick

Clever solution!

Now, I'm not supposed to know this but my husband has purchased me an iphone for Christmas.  His phone and my phone are the only 2 phones on the plan (shared 1400).  His phone (not an iphone) is the primary phone on the account.  It is his phone that I need to be able to locate as he's a type I diabetic and last week I spent an hour driving around trying to figure out where he had pulled over because he felt he was going low and decided to pull over.  Needless to say, I was in the wrong town on the wrong side of the county!  So, if I used your method of moving the iphone onto an individual account, it would leave only his phone on the account and he'd be the locaTOR as opposed to the locaTEE, correct?  Do you know if you need to have at least 2 phones that are both compatible on the plan?

0 Likes
jaxbquick

What if you only have 2 phones on the shared plan?  Can you just sign the non-iphone equipment up for the service?

0 Likes
ricrac123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can.  If you have 2 phones on the shared plan, the non-iphone can be the family locatee and the iphone (or anyone with an internet connection..... as long as they have the password to your MyVerizon) can use the family locator website (http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_familylocator)  and locate the non iphone.

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

use the Find my iPhone app that is free.  Enable it on the iPhone.  Then, you can login to www.icloud.com on a computer and locate the phone.  It is very accurate -- within a few feet most of the time.  Plus, if you lose your phone (in your house, car, etc.), you can use Find my iPhone to play a sound -- even if the phone is on silent or vibrate only.

0 Likes