Lg lucid update issue
Kydlis

I updated my lucid to ice.  After the whole update,if I turn my phone on, it gauze a hazy screen. But it won't turn on. Took the battery out, plugged it into charger, and it will give me the charger screen when it's normally off. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg lucid update issue
Not applicable

Did you do both parts of the update and let the process complete? It should have turned on on it's own. I git the hazy screen during the update but you just leave it alone and it went away on it's own and finished the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kydlis,

After the SW update when you try to power the device back on does it go past the LG logo screen? If it is not powering back on the update may not have gone through successfully. A reset should fix this http://bit.ly/RWfqiS.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kernelsandirs

Same problem here, screen goes dark (backlight dimly on so it looks grey) after a few minutes stuck at the LG logo

then just sits like that forever.  tried a hard reset, still does the same thing after that, stuck at a dim black screen

So looks like VZW/LG bricked my phone.

I'd love to call support but it seems my phone does not work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

kernelsandirs wrote:

Same problem here, screen goes dark (backlight dimly on so it looks grey) after a few minutes stuck at the LG logo

then just sits like that forever.  tried a hard reset, still does the same thing after that, stuck at a dim black screen

So looks like VZW/LG bricked my phone.

I'd love to call support but it seems my phone does not work.

I've done this update successfully on 2 Lucids so no Verizon did NOT brick your phone. I suspect you guys probably did not do the update properly. There is 2 parts to this update and yo have to let each part run it's course before messing around with the phone. Also let me ask, have either of you done the thing Verizon doesn't want us to talk about here? Rhymes with boot.

0 Likes
beach90806

I just did the update twenty minutes ago. and I had the same problem I did let the update do what it needed and when it reset itself and turned back on all I had was a gray screen. I just did the troubleshoot and still nothing this phone is a piece of crap now I have to pay to get it replaced when I did absolutely nothing wrong

0 Likes
coltd1993

Same problem here. I never touched my phone left on charger and let it do its thing and went did errands and I come home to blank screen. I hope I can get it fixed, hard reset does not work phone will just sit there till it dies or get warm on charger and do nothing. I'm guessing that nothing will be done and more people with this problem will just have to pay more money outright to buy another phone to break and have them tell you its your fault. I just want help like others.

0 Likes
Not applicable

beach90806 wrote:

I just did the update twenty minutes ago. and I had the same problem I did let the update do what it needed and when it reset itself and turned back on all I had was a gray screen. I just did the troubleshoot and still nothing this phone is a piece of crap now I have to pay to get it replaced when I did absolutely nothing wrong

There are TWO parts to the update so it would be impossible to just "let the phone do it's thing" since you would have to MANUALLY start the 2nd part.

0 Likes
kernelsandirs

Update on my lucid

So the first update says it takes about 6 minutes, then I go the grey dim screen, I think I only left it that way for 30 min or so before I would try something new etc, tried everything.  So I kinda gave up and called VZW and they were going to send out a new phone, so I left my phone on the grey screen plugged in, after over an hour or maybe two I heard my phone come back on. so that 6 minute update was closer to two hours.

I was a bit skeptical about attempting the second part of the update after that mess, but since a new phone was on the way went for it,  same issue grey screen, but this time just left it on that screen, nearly 3 hours later, it came back to life and now my phone is fully on ICS.

Total time to update was around 5 hours in my case.  I canceled my replacement phone as my phone is working well now, just did not want to leave my post un-updated since I did resolve my issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

kernelsandirs wrote:

Update on my lucid

So the first update says it takes about 6 minutes, then I go the grey dim screen, I think I only left it that way for 30 min or so before I would try something new etc, tried everything.  So I kinda gave up and called VZW and they were going to send out a new phone, so I left my phone on the grey screen plugged in, after over an hour or maybe two I heard my phone come back on. so that 6 minute update was closer to two hours.

I was a bit skeptical about attempting the second part of the update after that mess, but since a new phone was on the way went for it,  same issue grey screen, but this time just left it on that screen, nearly 3 hours later, it came back to life and now my phone is fully on ICS.

Total time to update was around 5 hours in my case.  I canceled my replacement phone as my phone is working well now, just did not want to leave my post un-updated since I did resolve my issue.

Mine took longer than they stated but not THAT long. The 2nd one can take a long time if you have a lot of stuff on your phone.

Anyways are you guys making sure you phone is plugged in when you are updating?

Also if need be try doing the update via computer

0 Likes