Can I accept collect calls from a jail on my Verizon Wireless cell phone?
Kfisher88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd just like to know if this is possible on my phone as is, or if there is a special service I need to sign up for.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I accept collect calls from a jail on my Verizon Wireless cell phone?
Kfisher88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question was actually answered this evening, as I received the call I was waiting for.  The answer is YES, you can receive collect calls from jail on your cell phone.  The charge is $9.99 for a 10 minute call.  If you are a expecting multiple calls it would probably be cheaper to use the service through the jail.

View solution in original post

budone
Legend

I don't believe so. You most likely have to load the expensive jail card for the person to call you

0 Likes
Kfisher88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question was actually answered this evening, as I received the call I was waiting for.  The answer is YES, you can receive collect calls from jail on your cell phone.  The charge is $9.99 for a 10 minute call.  If you are a expecting multiple calls it would probably be cheaper to use the service through the jail.

budone
Legend
Ouch!
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Bald faced lie. You cannot accept a collect call. You can't do 3rd party billing on a cell phone. I challenge the OP to post proof that the call happened by a screenshot of their call record.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What does the OP have to gain lying in an answer they gave to their own question? You have proof you can not make a collect call from jail to a cell?

Honestly, I thought all jail and prisons went to a calling card system through a third parties for revenue

Kfisher88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no reason to lie.  I'm not going to post my phone records on here for everyone to see. If people don't want to take my word I guess they will need to see it for themselves. I did receive a collect call and I received a text message letting me know that "Your purchase of $9.99 from TextCollect was charged to your VZW bill, once per call."

I have since set up an account with the 3rd party service used by the jail, and I've continued to receive calls.

loreleileslie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you CAN receive calls from an inmate on your Verizon cell phone.  For more info go to www.offenderconnect.com

To receive calls  (which is MUCH cheaper than it used to be calling collect to a landline) you can call 866-607-6006. 

I loaded $25 for my female friend whose boyfriend was arrested and she talked to him for several hours on my Verizon cell. She was relieved after speaking to him, and I was amazed that she even had this option available. Not all cell companies allow it but Verizon (bless their heart) does!  I'm sure they understand that not everyone who gets arrested is guilty.

ashbyb13

I was getting the text collect service then one day it said I couldn't do it anymore. My bill has been paid since then but I still can't get anymore phone calls and they put the charge on my bill. Do you know why and what can I do to change it?

0 Likes
Shelly7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I get it to where I can accept jail calls and put it on my bill