Re: how to unlock iPhone 5
rcschnoor
Legend

My mistake, I just assumed they were.

0 Likes
Re: how to unlock iPhone 5
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm actually surprised that they haven't yet...but I do know that Apple didn't start selling the unlocked 4s until about a month or so after the initial release...so it may be coming. Then again...maybe they won't in light of T-Mobile's aggressive strategy of trying to lure iPhone 5 users to them with their new sim only plans and the announcement that they would be selling nano sim cards at their stores for unlocked devices. Not really sure but I do think it's an interesting way for T-Mobile to get in the game without actually being authorized to sell the iPhone (and without those iPhone users having to use backdoor hacking to make their device work on the network). I personally have no interest in T-Mobile but I love the idea of consumers being able to take their device to the carrier of choice versus it being locked. A long time ago US customer COULD do this...it was so long ago that it has all been forgotten but back then you also were allowed to upgrade devices whenever you wanted to without paying the inflated full retail price. You were still under a 2 year contract...and had to honor it but you weren't told that you had to keep the same device for most of the contract before you could upgrade at advertised prices. Ah, the good ole days lol

0 Likes