It must be company policy to lie to the customer.
rstje
Enthusiast - Level 1
Apparently to work at Verizon you HAVE to be a Pathological LIAR and they have refresher courses to make sure they DO NOT tell CUSTOMERS the TRUTH. They do NOT do ANYTHING when you ARE LIED TO BY A VERIZON EMPLOYEE{S}. They probably give them a RAISE & the BEST LAIRS they make them the MANAGEMENT team. Take Services away customers & increase prices must their mission goal . The Executive team Cares less about how the stores treat the customers or *611 representatives liars. If they didn't have the best coverage around this area they would LOSE a LOT of customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You call the Executive office they act like could care less that their representatives lie to the customers on a regular basis.  They say they will address it with the ones involved. I think they have forgotten who pays their paycheck,THE CUSTOMER. Without the customer they could be like Circuit city & their stores. They could be on the unemployment lines like a LOT of people.
Labels (1)
Re: It must be company policy to lie to the customer.
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah in the course of close to 15 years...I've ran accross this a few times. They seem to be getting better at it as times goes by.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes Verizon wants to lie to it's customers so they will get mad and leave for the competition. That's how companies make money by having people LEAVE and also having those customers tell their friends and family to avoid Verizon so they don't get ripped off either. Does that make any sense to you?

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Telling people that they are grandfathered in to unlimited data and they can keep it with future upgrades is lying or at the very minium misleading customers. Especially, when you have have customers like me that asked NUMEROUS customer service reps and reps at their corporate stores this specific question.

Now in another thread, I believe you said that unlimited data is unsustainable. That statement may or may not be true. But, if verizon is correct in saying 98/99% of their unlimited data users use less then 2 gigs a month. I fail to understand what the problem is with letting their unlimited data users keep it. I can see changing their policy for new users but not for grandfathered customers.

One more note, if verizon is correct in saying unlimited is unsustainable, then why are they selling such large data packages? According to their own statements, high data usage would clog their networks.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

User with the higher tiered data plans are paying for the privilege of using each and every GB they use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

LuvMyLabs wrote:

Telling people that they are grandfathered in to unlimited data and they can keep it with future upgrades is lying or at the very minium misleading customers. Especially, when you have have customers like me that asked NUMEROUS customer service reps and reps at their corporate stores this specific question.

Now in another thread, I believe you said that unlimited data is unsustainable. That statement may or may not be true. But, if verizon is correct in saying 98/99% of their unlimited data users use less then 2 gigs a month. I fail to understand what the problem is with letting their unlimited data users keep it. I can see changing their policy for new users but not for grandfathered customers. Actually, I believe it is 95%, and with 100million customers, that is still a large number.

One more note, if verizon is correct in saying unlimited is unsustainable, then why are they selling such large data packages? According to their own statements, high data usage would clog their networks. I believe they mean unlimited data @ $30/month is unsustainable. If you pay for the amount of data you use, though, the extra revenue can be utilized to increase network capacity. If you just increase usage without increasing revenue, though, there is no money available to improve network capacity. Of course, Verizon could also go the route of having a 2GB tier at $30/month and then offering unlimited data at say $100/month. It appears they have made their choice, though.

0 Likes
Not applicable

LuvMyLabs wrote:

Now in another thread, I believe you said that unlimited data is unsustainable. That statement may or may not be true. But, if verizon is correct in saying 98/99% of their unlimited data users use less then 2 gigs a month. I fail to understand what the problem is with letting their unlimited data users keep it. I can see changing their policy for new users but not for grandfathered customers.

One more note, if verizon is correct in saying unlimited is unsustainable, then why are they selling such large data packages? According to their own statements, high data usage would clog their networks.

A) grandfathered doesn't mean FOREVER. It also doesn't mean they can;t put restriction on it like requiring you to pay full price for a phone to keep it.

B) well those of use with KNOWLEDGE do know unlimited is not sustainable. Also if these people are using less than 2 GB a month that what is the issue with going to a 2 GB plan? Your point is a contradiction.

C) 20 GB is hardly large. On my home connection I use 150 GB month easy, sometimes 250 GB. Also they can offer them because only a small % of customers are going to fork over $150 for 20 GB.

Also I might add there is thing called wi-fi. If you'd access it when available you'd be surprised how much less mobile data you use.

I'm not saying that Verizon shouldn't up their caps I think they should. But to insist on unlimited for $30 a month when even my wired home cable internet doesn't offer it is silly. I pay $50 a month for cable internet and it has a cap. Sure it's 250 GB, but it's still a cap and 250 GB is less than unlimited. And $50 is more than $30.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Brian68 wrote:

LuvMyLabs wrote:

A) grandfathered doesn't mean FOREVER. It also doesn't mean they can;t put restriction on it like requiring you to pay full price for a phone to keep it.

B) well those of use with KNOWLEDGE do know unlimited is not sustainable. Also if these people are using less than 2 GB a month that what is the issue with going to a 2 GB plan? Your point is a contradiction.

C) 20 GB is hardly large. On my home connection I use 150 GB month easy, sometimes 250 GB. Also they can offer them because only a small % of customers are going to fork over $150 for 20 GB.

Also I might add there is thing called wi-fi. If you'd access it when available you'd be surprised how much less mobile data you use.

I'm not saying that Verizon shouldn't up their caps I think they should. But to insist on unlimited for $30 a month when even my wired home cable internet doesn't offer it is silly. I pay $50 a month for cable internet and it has a cap. Sure it's 250 GB, but it's still a cap and 250 GB is less than unlimited. And $50 is more than $30.

A).  I said I was told I was grandfathered in AND I can keep it with future upgrades. I was not just told I was grandfathered. I made sure to ask specific questions so the reps had to answer them specifically. And without looking at my notes, at LEAST 10 different reps (actually more) told me this same thing including corporate stores.

B).  It wasn't me that said said 90 some odd percent use less then 2 gigs, it was verizon.

And....if you pay $50 a month for 250 gig....then I'll pay verizon $25.00 a month for 125 gigs.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Policies also change.  What was grandfathered a year ago isn't grandfathered today.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

The problem with that is what was possible when I was told that, is not possible now. Now then, had I have been told the truth when I asked, I would have played my hand differently and not been worried about unlimited and upgrades right now. Which is why I went through so much trouble asking the same questions over and over to the reps.

0 Likes