Re: CANT RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES!!!!
elliot08

yeah im having the same kind of problem.i havent recieved texts in 2 days,i have the samsung reality

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi skababy,

I feel your pain; no incoming message can be very inconvenient. Try clearing all your messages from your inbox (delete all current messages), as this has resolved similar issues for others.

Also, reprogram you phone by dialing *228 option 1, then power phone Off/On and test.

If issue continues do a factory reset:
1. From a Home screen, touch Menu ➔ Settings &
Tools ➔ Phone Settings ➔ Security.
Enter the lock code when prompted. The default lock code is the last four digits of your telephone number.
2. Touch Restore Phone.
3. At the prompt, touch Yes to reset and restore default settings, or No to return to the Security menu.

Note: A factory reset will return your phone to the default settings and permanently erase all user data, including pictures, videos, music, messages, contacts and downloaded applications stored on the phone. Back up your information and media before performing this troubleshooting step.

If issues continue after completing the above troubleshooting steps, send me a direct message and I'll reach out to your to further assist you.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
LinaR

I also cannot receive text messages since around March 30th.  I know people are sending them, but I'm not receiving them.  I even checked my text message usage on Verizon's site, and it doesn't show that I've received any texts, just shows that I'm sending them.

I've deleted around 200 texts, and reprogrammed my phone, reset it, pulled the battery, but still didn't fix it.

I don't really want to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary.

Seems to be happening to several people recently.  What changed?

0 Likes
soxymom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem - for the FOURTH time since January. 3 times with my phone - Samsung Sch-U370 and once with my daughter's phone - Samsung Reality (pretty much the same phone). I have contacted Verizon Tech support all 4 times. I've had my memory wiped clean, restarted, etc. The only thing that resolved the issue was when Verizon took my phone off the network completely. But, obviously, that was only a temporary fix, since this is happening AGAIN!!!!!! And, now they tell me I have to wait 72 hours to get help. Cannot receive texts, but I can send them.

I have never had a problem in the 10 years I have had Verizon, but now I am ready to switch to another service. This is ridiculous!!

cj5460
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having problems for the second time. Now my girlfriend is the only person who cant send me a text message. Every time she tries to text me, it says message failed but i can send her one. She has Verizon too and everyone else who texts me has no problems and neither do I. This is becoming very irritating and it would be nice to have this problem solved soon.

0 Likes
Montek

I am having this issue today, I have tried everything. 228, pull battery, settings to no avail. I need serious help.

0 Likes
mtxe7

I recently switch my iPhone 5 to Verizon. Now I am not getting any messages from other iPhone users. I get them on my iPad, but not as texts on my phone. Non iPhone texts seem to be fine

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mtxe7 wrote:

I recently switch my iPhone 5 to Verizon. Now I am not getting any messages from other iPhone users. I get them on my iPad, but not as texts on my phone. Non iPhone texts seem to be fine

Do you have iMessage turned on on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
samgar

I am havin the same problem for the past week, I can send texts but cant receive them. I did the factor restart took the battery out but still can't get texts.

0 Likes
samgar

I have the same issue I have the LG Cosmo II and I don't get any texts anymore for the past 1-2 weeks. I did what it said to clear it out with the factory boot, I also took the battery out. Nothing seems to work please help me!

0 Likes