Why does iphone 5 lose time multiple times a day?
moonsmile20

Whether it is 3G or LTE connection, this happens at least twice during the day.  This problem started since Monday, 10/9/2012.  Apple forum has lots of entries about this problem happening only on  VZW for iphone 5.  Apparently, VZW does not seem to be aware of it.  Cycling power to the device does not help immediately.  Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does iphone 5 lose time multiple times a day?
jyr

I have the same problem on my iphone5

0 Likes
Ted1004

I'm also having the same problem. The last three times that I went west of town, my time changes to an earlier date and time. Tonight was the third time. I turned off LTE in the settings and turned the phone off then back on. After it found 3G. Which took a while, the time reset to actual time. 

0 Likes
albanobro

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 5 (at least twice a day). I get a message that my iMessage Failed and I need to adjust my date and time settings. The date and time on my phone switches to about a week and 12 hours-2 minutes off. I took my phone to Apple and it checked out fine. I just reset my network settings on the phone and am hopeful it will solve the issue. Please advise if there are any solutions to this issue.

0 Likes
timbo821

Have you tried turning off automatic time zone?

0 Likes
Indy7778

It's well discussed over on the apple support page.....20 pages so far. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4347494?start=270&tstart=0

I'm very frustrated as it made me late for a few appointments.  I've turned off the LTE to see if that helps.  Verizon is supposed to be working on it....I certainly hope so!!!

0 Likes