Tracking an IP number
JPinMA508

My Gmail account was recently hacked into by my soon to be exwife. She did this with the assistance of her boyfriend. I can track the IP address of the first time it was done as it was done thru a comcast account (boyfriend) but I need help tracking the IP address back to my wife's phone. The IP address comes up as a Verizon account, but as I understand, the geographic location is not always accurate with mobile devices so I need to get the IP address that is assigned to her phone. I have used the headers off of some of her emails that she sent me via the phone, but that uses a different server. How do I find out the IP address that is assigned to her phone?

Anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tracking an IP number
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

call the police that have jurisdiction

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know about tracking the IP address, but I would definitely recommend changing your email password to something she or anyone else can't figure out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JPinMA508

Police could careless about an issue like this. They have better things to do than worry about a hacked email account. I have a few friends that are police and this would not even get any attention.

I did change all of my security questions and answer, so I am confident about that now.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

the reason i said contact the police, is you will most likely need a warrant to get that info

0 Likes