#@vtext.com EMail messages from PC getting bounced
RSMBob

I send my wife text messages from my PC via EMail to her cell phone (Phone #)@vtext.com , leaving the subject blank and the body message short. It has worked great for a long time. The last couple of weeks she has been getting some but not all of my messages. The problem is I don't get a reject bounce message until the next day so I never know if she got the message or not!

The reject/bounce EMail I get is:

Addressed to:MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com

Subject: Failure Notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<#@vtext.com>:

Message expired for domain vtext.com. Remote host said: 452 Too many recipients received this hour.  The MTA, nm23-vm0.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com, with IP address, 98.139.91.224, has a low reputation score. For more information see www.senderbase.org. [RCPT_TO]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

All kinds of mumbo jumbo is listed below that (I could post if needed), but interspresed in it is the message I sent.

Any cluw why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: #@vtext.com EMail messages from PC getting bounced
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using @vzwpix.com instead of vtext.com - vtext is strictly text messages, and if your email carrier is adding any extra info (header info, signature info, etc) that would cause the text to be larger than 160 characters, or have any attachments, then it will not go through on vtext, but will make it through on vzwpix.com

**Additional note:  I see it also mentions something about too many recipients and low reputation score - I'm not sure if that's referring to the vtext.com or the sending or receiving email addresses - what does the IP address refer to?  Your email carrier?

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

0 Likes
Re: #@vtext.com EMail messages from PC getting bounced
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RSMBob,

I want you to be able to get these messages communicated to your wife. I researched the error message and it appears to be from Yahoo as they restrict too much communication from certain domains during the hour. When you're communicating with your wife, is she also responding to your messages? It may just be more of a case where you need to wait to send the next communication to avoid Yahoo causing the message to fail. if this continues happening, I'd encourage you to contact Yahoo to review options for the specific domain vtext.com to not be restricted. The option offered by SusyQ is an alternate method of communicating but I can imagine Yahoo restricting this domain as well.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes