Re: HTC PRESS RELEASE HTC 8X and 8S
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like there is more news.  ATT is going to announce upcoming phones tomorrow, including the Lumia 920 (among other Windows Phone 8 devices and others as well) at an invitation only event.

http://www.wpcentral.com/att-rumored-unveil-nokia-lumia-920-tomorrow-new-york-city

Verizon, you've lost the race.  ATT has beat you to the punch.  I am sure that I am not the only one who is very disappointed in your anti-consumer approach to Windows Phone release info.  Why is it that you will let the Fruity Phone iSheeple customers, and the Virus Phone privacy victims know when their phones are coming, but you won't tell us?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Sent to xxxxx@se.verizonwireless.com:

My name is xxxxxxxxx, and my VZW account phone number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  I have spoken with xxxxx xxxxx, and I would like to provide more information.  It has now come out that tomorrow (10/4/2012) there will be an invitation only event put on by ATT, at which they are planning to announce upcoming phones, among which is the Nokia Lumia 920 about which I wrote the letter below.

I have been told several times by various Verizon associates that Verizon views information about upcoming device releases as proprietary, but your consumers view it as anti-consumer (just as we view your dropping of unlimited data plans, despite the idiot who thinks that unlimited is just a word).  Look at the comments that are being left on your own community boards. Here is a nice, handy link for you to easily get to them: http://bit.ly/VerizonIsNotListening. When you finish reading the posts on that thread, be sure to scroll to the top and click the Windows Mobile link so that you can see the rest of the threads that show how much we want the Nokia Lumia 920, and how disgusted we are with the lack of information.

Ms. xxxxx said that our feedback was welcome, and that Verizon is listening.  Somehow, it doesn’t feel like you are.  ATT seems to be listening to their customers, however.  There will be an announcement tomorrow regarding the devices that they are releasing.  I look forward to hearing their news.  http://www.wpcentral.com/att-rumored-unveil-nokia-lumia-920-tomorrow-new-york-city/. It looks like once again, ATT is going to beat Verizon out of the gate on the Windows Phone bandwagon.  Perhaps the Lumia 920 I get will be Cyan instead of Red.  At least last year when I left Verizon not once but twice (due to disgust in the amount of time it was taking to launch the Trophy that I knew about prior to December 2010 but wasn’t launched until May 29, 2011), I learned that Sprint’s coverage in my area is very bad, but ATT’s is just fine.  So I know that I can go to ATT without losing out on coverage either where I live or where I work.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The sad thing is the VZW will not change their policy on announcing new devices.  For some reason they treat that information as a trade secret.

VZW can't you see the potential of new customers if you beat your competition to the plate by announcing new devices and upgrades in timely manner instead of announcing days before release.

As Samuel L. Jackson would say <Comment deleted per the TOS>

Come Novermber if there is no announcement from VZW I'll be switching to AT&T.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

<Duplicate post deleted. xxxxxxx for the original post.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Message was edited by: hopmedic I have deleted this post as it was pointed out to me that I violated the terms of service by posting repeatedly.  It was not my intention to violate any terms, so I apologize. I will move the link to a single thread.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well sometimes it's out of the Companies Hands if the Manufacture Honors a particular Model or Flagship to another Company as in at&t.  that just happens i like the New HTC 1 X and thought Verizon deserved a Model Like it but at&t it went to and No "1" series HTC model has yet to be released to Verizon unless i missed something.. but Hopefully that will get done before Rudolf Fly's b33

0 Likes
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will never get another HTC phones. Their quality sucks, especially the call quality. Im actually one of those people that still uses my smart phone to make phone calls. The quality needs to be at a higher standard that what they aim for.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

You are obviously a person who is not willing to listen to the experience of someone who has used multiple HTC devices and had a very good experience with them, so I won't waste any more of my time or yours.  Have fun on ATT.

0 Likes