Droid Razor Maxx Screen Frozen
compton249
Enthusiast - Level 1

The screen on my two week old Droid Razor Maxx has frozen.  I can't get anything to happen.  On my old phone I would have just taken out the battery and started over, but I don't think I can do that on this phone.  Any suggestions???

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Razor Maxx Screen Frozen
B33
Legend

No a battery pull is not a Option but a Soft Reset is.!  Here is how you Perform the Soft Reset witch is the Same as a Batt pull..

Soft Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Note A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold volume down key then press and hold the power button until the device powers off then release.
    Power and Volume Down keys
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi compton249!

I'm sorry to learn the screen on your Maxx froze! @B33 provided great steps to soft reset the device. Is this still a concern for you? Please keep me posted so I can assist further. Thanks!

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend

Thank ya.! Sir

0 Likes
ghartrum

OK, that works, but why does my phone keep freezing up?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be you have a 3rd Party Application causing the issue!  When you got your Maxx the First Day and set it Up and was working with it and then through the First week How did it perform was there any issues with it that you could o curing if therer wasn't then as i mention i would put Your Maxx into Safe Mode and try it that way for a Days and see how she Does if she responds better then you know it's a Application causing the Problem.. Give this a try and hang in there.. We can look at different Avenues but give that a Try First..  Ok  Here is how to put your Maxx into safe Mode

What is safe mode and how do I use it with the DROID RAZR?

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and momentarily hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press the Power button.
Gbabiesride413

the power hold button is not unfreeze the phone?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Power Cycle the phone by Pressing the power + Lower Volume for 30 sec.