Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
Drunder40

I was not aware of a new OTA udpate. I just checked my version number and it is:

I did not manually update this so I guess it updaed on it's own.

Was this the most recent update and is there going to be another?

Just curious

0 Likes
SpudSpeculation

Actually, the gingerbread update knocked out my droid incredible. It updated while I was studying, and when I took a look at it again, it'd rebooted and asked me for my google info. I thought it did a wipe, but that's the bad part. It didn't, I have some of my old apps. But it now says "Application data is low" which it wasn't before, and HTC sense force closes every second. So.. I can't exactly get to settings to check on it. And I totally called verizon telling them this happened. They told me to factory reset, which.. didn't work.

So.. I dunno what to do right now. But when I went to the verizon store, they told me they couldn't help me because its out of warranty, and "Oh, btw, it'll be an extra $20 for an early upgrade."

But my phone was really well taken care of, I've never dropped it or gotten it wet, and it was okay before this update.   Out of warranty or no, this is not okay.

0 Likes
Drunder40

Disregard my last.. I just updated it and all went well.. Was kind of dissappointed though when I read the update notes. It says it updated the radio so I thought it was going to address the horrible reception issue known with the incredible2 and the orig incredible.

All it did apparently was to go from 4 bars to 5 bars on the signal strength indicator so now we can see with a bit more granularity just how out of sync that bar indicator is compared to the actual signal strength (-dbm)..

oh well..

0 Likes
KLHart3

@abidzip This worked perfectly for me.  Thanks for the info!

0 Likes