My Revolution Not Receiving The Whole Text Message
RhiannonDelore

Hello, lately I have been having a problem receiving the whole text message. People with smart phones text sometimes page length texts. I have no problem sending out page length text, but when someone sends me one, from many different companies and phone types, I only receive what the phone recognizes as the first part of the text message.

An Example is:

"Hello, I was wondering what you are doing later. I was thinking we could go to the shopping later at the mall. Do you ha"

I primary text people so when I do not receive the whole text it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: My Revolution Not Receiving The Whole Text Message
Shadedred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RhiannonDelore & Shadedred,

I couldn't imagine not getting my entire text messages! The whole message is entirely too important.  My apologies that you both are experiencing these issues.

I dipped into our information and I didn't see any other known reports for this specific problem. 

If I may ask for some further information.

- Are you using the native messaging application or 3rd party messaging applications such as Handcent or GoSMS?

- Are the senders from specific companies, or does it vary?

- Do you know if they're including any special characters in their message or signature, (examples: ~* :;' etc.)

If you are using a third party messaging application, please uninstall it and try using the native messaging application.

If you are already using the native messaging application try clearing out the "Message" application data. (this may result in a loss of your messages, so please save anything you need before doing this.)

Follow this step:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41562

Please let us know how this works out!

Thank you

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Sparkiboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had issues for the past 6 months with everything that the phone tries to do crashes.  messaging (factory app)  the stupid little what's new thing, even my verizon mobile app crashes constanty. 

I don't even have to do anything.  I just push the button that  says massages, and it flashes then crashes.  Then the  screen freezes, then I have to pull the battery.  Which is an entirely  different issue.  I'm lucky if I get 4 hours of battery power in idle.t  It doesn't connect to my laptop at all anymore.  Neither of my laptops recognize it when I connect it.by far, the worst p.o.s. phone I've ever had.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My goodness Sparkiboy. That sounds like quite a few things that shouldn't be happening on your Revolution. Let's get you enjoying that phone you invested in. With multiple applications crashing, screens freezing, battery issues, and connection issues, I would recommend starting with making sure everything is up to date with your device firmware http://bit.ly/ykQROO.

If you're still experiencing trouble after updating your phone's firmware, try placing your phone into Safe Mode http://bit.ly/vwIViQ to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of all the trouble. If it works fine in Safe Mode, that means there's a 3rd party application that was installed on the phone that started this trouble. Since you mentioned it's been causing trouble for about 6 months, that may be a lot of applications to consider uninstalling.

You may also want to consider the Master Reset for your phone http://bit.ly/tFfOOj. These devices are more and more like mini computers, and when something gets in that wasn't intended to be part of the phone it can cause major issues. That Master Reset will purge out all the build up and bring you back to how your phone came out of the box.

We're here for you if you need additional assistance.
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Dyeshone

i have also been having the same problems with text messages someone will send me a long message i will get part one only or i will get 1 and 3 but not two. this has been happening for a few months, i have to piece together messages.  over the last month i have been having instances of not receiving messages at all!!!!! i do not use a 3rd party whatever you called it, i only use what the phone came with for messaging. Additionally for the last few months i have not been able to back up my contacts. reported this twice ive just been told to reset to factory defaults which would mean losing all of my customizations which would make me even more upset than i am now. Not to mention the times that i have random functions that fail including the home and calling functions.  why dont I report them??? because if you call *611 from your phone they are going to want to you call back from a different phone,so i remember that and come online to get the number to call and can never find it anywhere. The last time i tried to walk into the store for help i was told they would help me this time but next time i need to make an appointment oh and when they did help me all they did was duplicate my contact list so that everyone is listed twice.  I have been a custormer since 1998 since Verizon was called Airtouch.  The problems i am having with the phone, and customer service it really making me think about ending my relationship with Verizon, because the quality of phones and customer service are the two main reasons why I have stayed so long when there are plenty of less expensive competitors.

0 Likes
Dyeshone

By the way I just checked and my software is up to date.

0 Likes
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's lies that you haven't received any other complaints on this issue.  1) because I have called repeatedly on this exact issue among many others with this phone and 2) here are some of about a dozen posts on this:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/876695#876695

and another:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/875860#875860

and another:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/875820#875820

granted some are recent, but if you search your forums you will see plenty.

You used to and still state that you never hear of any of the many issues with this phone, including when it would randomly reboot.  Same phrase, "we have yet to hear of other cases with this device."  Bull...

I too will be heavily considering leaving Verizon after over 10 years of being a customer not due to an LG phone sucking this bad, but your company's repeated refusal to acknowledge our concerns and treat us like we are idiots. 

Like your master reset phrase above.  So you think that computing devices need a fresh start anytime something goes wrong is just not correct.  If that were the case every time I have fragments between nodes in a clustered server environment I'm supposed to factory reset them?!  NO, you debug it and get it working correctly!  This issue is fragmenting withing your sms/mms delivery system, so fix it!  As a sysadmin for a scientific super computing institute I guarantee I know more about computing devices than you ever will, and I can say your workarounds are asinine and only prolong your customer's issues with a clearly defective device. 

As with this, although not your manufactured device, it is something you sell and therefore you debug these issues across your network or give those of us that can the ability to do so, but alas another locked boot loader and if we were to root the device to mitigate these issues then we screw our self by trying to help our self.  It's always our fault, as we must have done something wrong.

0 Likes
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Sparkiboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bravo! Thank you very much for that comment. Someone needed to let these

"customer representatives" know that wer are not stupid and do not

appreciate being lied to on a regular basis. I for one have already decided

to leave verizon as soon as my contact is up. Even though I won't new

getting my security deposit back because they applied out to my account

without my consent...another lie from verizon...

0 Likes