Iphone sending text to email as attachments
WaveRidinRanger

For some reason everyone I talk to through text to their e-mail is saying that it's coming as an attachment that they have to download everytime...I just got the 4s and never had this problem with past phones...I've looked into this on google and know that it's suppose to be from @vtext.com instead of @vzwpix.com and I just don't know how to change that...I've tried telling everyone to start the conversation sending to @vtext and when I reply it still comes up as a downloadable attachment...anyone have this problem or a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone sending text to email as attachments
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there WaveRidinRanger!

I know having to take the extra step to open that attachement would be annoying!  I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

It sounds like the messages are being converted to MMS automatically which will result in an attachment. If you're sending the message as a group message to more than one person it will automatically send as MMS instead.

I triple checked my resources and I didn't see anyone else reporting this as a recorded issue.  I would recommend the following steps:

- Temporary Fix Settings > Messages > Turn Off MMS Messaging (you won't be able to send picture messages though)

- Delete the entire threads to the people you're sending messages to and test again.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
horserider

I turned off MMS messaging.  When I try to send I get an error: "Cannot Send Message" "MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send to an email address.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shyzaboy

We have this problem as well. My wife and daughter each upgraded their iPhone 4S to OS 6 about a week ago. Since then, their text messages to my email are attachments. (My company STRONGLY discourages text messages on my Blackberry...)

If I send her a text to her @vtext.com address, her reply comes from her @vzwpix.com address and it is an attachment.

This is a real pain in the butt!

0 Likes
texlib

We are having the same problem after the upgrade to the OS to the Iphone 4S, and I agree it is a pain and needs to be fixed. Started for us several days ago

0 Likes
kevinsterkel

We are having the same problem.  Each time I send a message to a vtext I get a response from vzwpix that comes as an attachment. 

0 Likes
samehere
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issue too.  If the text from the Iphone goes to my droid phone it is shown as an attachment.  Very annoying.  My understanding is that it is an Apple protocol that doesn't play nice with Verizon's servers.  There must be some fix for this!

0 Likes
kevinsterkel

Verizon, are we going to get a solution to this?  I have friends who are having the same issue since the update and we'd like a solution. 

0 Likes
chulahoma

- Temporary Fix Settings > Messages > Turn Off MMS Messaging (you won't be able to send picture messages though)

this is not good enough

the software should be able to tell if the message was iniated thru the messaging app, or text message, and treat it as text, not an image, or attachment, email, MMS or whatever

Apple or Verizon, please get with it!

0 Likes
starlysh

I'm having the same issue. I tried this solution, but it said it couldn't send it without the MMS on. So Ii turned it on, but group messaging off, but that didn't work either. Seems like maybe something they didn't think about when creating iOS6. My parents don't text, but they do send me messages to my phone via their email and sometimes I send them pics, so they're anxious for me to find a solution.

0 Likes