Replacement Droid - keep old sim card?
SamWill

My Droid died and I'm getting a new one in the mail.  I wasn't able to download any data from the old one, so should I keep the old sim card and put it in the new one?  Do I have to send the sim card back with the old Droid?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacement Droid - keep old sim card?
B33
Legend

No you'll be Fine the Card you have in your bad Inc. 2 has all your Account on it and phone info on it and Transferring it to the New Inc.2 it will put it on it.. Let me how the Phone Does when you get the Sim in it and you get it Running.. Take Care b33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What phone do you Have and are you getting the Same model as the one that Died ?  I would say if it's the Same Model say Like the Razr or the Razr Maxx or if the Phone that Died Had a Mini Sim and the Phone your getting to Re-place it Takes the Same Mini Sim your Good to Go.!

0 Likes
SamWill

I have the Droid Incredible 2 and I'm getting the same model, so the sim card should fit with both.  I just want to make sure that they're not going to get after me for keeping it.  The guy at the Verizon store made this whole speech about how I had to mail back the old phone within 5 days or they'll charge me for it.  I'm just making sure that if I keep the sim card, they're not going to charge me for the whole phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No you'll be Fine the Card you have in your bad Inc. 2 has all your Account on it and phone info on it and Transferring it to the New Inc.2 it will put it on it.. Let me how the Phone Does when you get the Sim in it and you get it Running.. Take Care b33

0 Likes
SamWill

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey You Welcome Sam.. If you want to Send a Direct Message some Time put your Mouse on my Avatar or the Purple Wildcat and then Slide Down over the Box and Click to Follow And then Go up Actions and Check Accept and then you can send me a Direct Message Like an Email that will come to Only Me. I will Check in a Few Min. the Follow on your Avatar the Site Does this For Safety witch is a Good Thing.. b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SamWill and B33!

Thank you so much for the great community support. B33 has you on the right path!

If you have any questions just let us know.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes