Re: My verizon app issue
alanferg

Experiencing the same problem. Have not been able to log into My Verizon Mobile app. Username and password IS correct. Have even reset password on web site. Force closed app. Cleared data and cache. App is updated and current. Please help, Verizon. Yes... 3G/4G is enabled. Galaxy S 3 owner.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your login work if you log into your MyVerizon account through the phone's browser?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
alanferg

Yes, the log in works through the browser.

0 Likes
1982nurse

i've been having the exact same problem. i have a motorola android 4 and i cant access my verizon profile from my phone. logging in on the computer works just fine but it just wont work on my phone and thats frustrating because i cant get a ringback tone otherwise, i had to take the ringback tones off the plan to get the dumb default music to stop until i can figure out how to get into my verizon profile. can anyone help?

0 Likes
ramonscott

Same issue here. Galaxy S3. Works fine via mobile web site - app won't let me authenticate with same credentials. Cleared cache, app is up to date.

0 Likes
glassonion1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I would like to respond to your suggestions by describing my experience with the My Verizon Mobile app on my Galaxy S III.  I have used this app (and it's earlier versions) on the original Droid Incredible, the Incredible 2, and now the Galaxy S III.  For the most part the app has been very reliable and has never given me any than the occasional glitch.  I have had the GS3 for about 6 weeks and until yesterday never had any issues.

Suddenly yesterday I started to get the error "Alert! -  Unable to process your request, please try again later.", with the option to retry or quit.  Retry results in the same error, over and over.

I tried all the usual steps to fix it: in applications I cleared cache and data, and also uninstalled updates.  NOTE: On the GS3, you CANNOT uninstall the app, since it's one of those pre-installed apps that Verizon deems we MUST have, therefore there is no consumer choice in whether we have it or not.

None of this worked and I still get the same error, whether on WiFi or Verizon's LTE network.  By the way, this app SHOULD, and in fact used to work on WiFi.  If it didn't, then why would I be prompted to use WiFi when opening it and WiFi is off?  (This is another sore spot among many of us GS3 users, since Verizon has decided we need to be reminded to not use their data when WiFi is available.  I still have unlimited data and I intend to get the usage I have paid for out of it).

So for some odd reason this app has suddenly stopped working after running very smoothly for 6 weeks on this device.  With and without update, on 3G/LTE or WiFi, it just fails now.

I see from other posts in this thread that other GS3 users are having the same problem.  Just curious, have others used it pretty much error-free until just recently, say August 27 or 28?  That might be helpful to determine what has happened that is causing this to affects multiple users.

Anxiously awaiting a solution....

Guitarmanjax

Same issue on Samsung Stratosphere. It was working fine until a few weeks ago and now I keep getting "The application Verizon Login (process com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

This happens with 3G or wifi. I applied the update. rebooted. removed the update. rebooted. removed the battery. reebooted. Once I got Services are temporarily unavailable Please try again later or call customer care error code -302, but usually just the abobv error

Why is it that if I clear the data in the app it does not prompt me for my credentials ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Guitarmanjax!

Oh no! sorry to hear that your My Verizon application is not working properly. It sounds like you have done some troubleshooting to the device. Thanks for your patience. Let me have you uninstall all updates for the my verizon app> then go in to settings> applications> my verizon then delete the data. Then go to the app called verizon SSO sign in engine and clear the data > go back in to the play store, update my verizon and you should be able to sign in. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes