How can I unlock an iPhone 4 without iTunes account information?
madisonsb
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter's iPhone 4 is registered on my Verizon account and I am the account manager.  When she got it she set it up through her own iTunes account. I have taken her phone from her as punishment and want to access the information on the phone without her knowing.  I entered the wrong unlock code too many times and it is now disabled and there is a message on the front that it must be connected to the iTunes account. How can I reset/unlock the phone while preserving the information that is currently on it?  I hunted and pecked through the Verizon site and can't find anything.  I thought since I am the account manager I could easily unlock it - - apparently not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I unlock an iPhone 4 without iTunes account information?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi madisonsb,

Just so you know, once the code has been put in incorrectly many times, to prevent unauthorized access, the phone will lock itself up and can only be restored by erasing the information and setting the phone back up. If there is a back up on iTunes it will restore everything back to the phone, but keep in mind this will also restore the old lock code used as well. So it's either erase everything and set it up as new, or erase everything and restore with the old lock code.

Being an account manager gives you access to the Verizon Wireless account to make plan changes or upgrade phones, not gain access into information on a device. The information on a device is always considered private and we wouldn't even have access to it in any way, shape, or form.

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Just for the sake of correctness, the iPhone, when disabled from too many incorrect unlock attempts, asks you to connect to "itunes" application, not "itunes account". There is a difference between itunes the application and an itunes account.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, some of your information is incorrect.

When restored from a backup in iTunes (as well as backup from iCloud), it will NOT put the password lock back on again.

Please read this page for more info:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

0 Likes